IGNORED

Next season

The goal is that way

With this season basically over I can’t stop thinking about how we’re going to get on next season. Johnson is probably going to be in charge ,even if we get stuffed in however many games we have left  .  I suspect that we could loose Flint,Bryan and Ried along with probably a few others of lesser importance at the end of the season.  We’ve had mixed transfer dealings (like most teams) recently and probably been lucky to have had Kodja,Abraham and the masterstroke of sticking Bobby up front (credit to LJ).  The next transfer window could be massively important  to our chances of survival or play offs next season. Last year we finished on the up with the thinking that it was a particular player or two’s fault (bad attitude etc) that we had the bad spell. Can’t use that excuse this year and we’re finishing poorly. Are we a club to attract decent players at the moment?  How do you think we’re going to do next year?

Think if we retain Reid and Flint we will be stronger next season even without bringing in new faces. Don't want Joe Bryan to leave but think we have cover at left back should he do so. This season we have been dogged by injury with a fully fit squad and some of our loanees having had a year of good experience we should be able to rotate more and keep energy levels high throughout the season, Vyner, Morrell, McCoulsky should all be part of the main squad, while Kelly may well become a fixture. Would love to see a fully fit Hegeler play more of a part and hope we either find better loanees or dispense with the idea. This season none have worked and one could argue have actually been detrimental.

If we do not retain ket players then recruitment becomes more of an issue and I imagine we have targets in mind. Moving in the right direction and building. Plenty to look forward to.

8 hours ago, The goal is that way said:

With this season basically over I can’t stop thinking about how we’re going to get on next season. Johnson is probably going to be in charge ,even if we get stuffed in however many games we have left  .  I suspect that we could loose Flint,Bryan and Ried along with probably a few others of lesser importance at the end of the season.  We’ve had mixed transfer dealings (like most teams) recently and probably been lucky to have had Kodja,Abraham and the masterstroke of sticking Bobby up front (credit to LJ).  The next transfer window could be massively important  to our chances of survival or play offs next season. Last year we finished on the up with the thinking that it was a particular player or two’s fault (bad attitude etc) that we had the bad spell. Can’t use that excuse this year and we’re finishing poorly. Are we a club to attract decent players at the moment?  How do you think we’re going to do next year?

Can I be the first to say " No shit , Sherlock " ?

It is way too early to start worrying about next season, however...

You little tinker now you've got me anguished !

We'll be alright , even if we get relegated. Uncle Steve will put his fatherly arm around young Lee and assure him , all will be well.

We are competitive in the Third division so it should be fun , no ? 

With West Brom, Stoke and Southampton probably coming down, its going to be a tough division next year.  If Cardiff and Fulham go up with Wolves, then that still leaves Middlesbrough, Villa and Derby behind. We will do very well (as we would have done this season) to make the play-offs, but I think we’ve got a chance.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

We'll be alright , even if we get relegated. Uncle Steve will put his fatherly arm around young Lee and assure him , all will be well.

Steve will give him a Bear hug ;)

The only guarantee with City is...there are no guarantees.

First season back at this level after winning League One at a canter, we all thought (along with many pundits) that we would mount a challenge for the top flight. Instead we narrowly avoid relegation.

This season after back to back relegation battles, we all thought (along with many pundits) that another season of struggle and potentially relegation was on the cards. Instead we spend most of the season inside the top 6 and get to the semi-finals of a major cup competition.

I gave up trying to predict our fortunes years ago, just sit back and (try to) enjoy the ride. :chant6ez::blink::grr::gaah:

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Third Division? Do you already have us relegated the season after next? :crying:

Keeping key players and decent recruitment will be vital to how successful we are next season.

But I see no reason why we cant improve on this year, if we can have a bit more luck on the injury front.

And we must be more consistent over a full season rather than be outstanding one minute and very poor the next. 

Personally I don't feel we'll lose as many players as some think.. Reid may jump at the chance of a premiership move and if he does no one can blame him.

You'd like to think both Reid & Bryan being local lads will give us a better chance of keeping them, although I know money and progression does speak for itself. 

I think although bids may come in, Flint, Pack, Brownhill, Baker will all stay. 

It's the transfer window so movement will happen maybe something unexpected, but hopefully we can finish this season on a high

do some decent business in the summer and then go again.. hopefully a consistent challenge for the play offs.

I'm gonna go for us having a better second half of the season than first next year and nicking 6th place. 

It is completely unpredictable.

We could have a good summer, start well and not have a 4 month slump such as we have experienced.

Or, despite this summers dealings, the current run continues and by October we are bottom 3.

The only thing that is certain is that the HC and his staff must ensure that we don't have yet another lengthy dire run.

It has been a feature of his, albeit short, career and it could prove to be catastrophic if not eliminated.

On transfers, I can see Aden and Joe leaving for different reasons - we should get good fees for them and the re-investment will be crucial. Our recent track record on that suggests that could be a challenge.

I don't see Young Bobby moving - whilst he has done very well, it has only been one season - could be a flash in the pan.

Any PL club looking at him would view it as a 'punt' with the appropriate fee and wages offered. However if he has indicated he is going to allow his option year to run down that changes the dynamic from our view point.

I think for any of the players that get offers one of the key questions in their mind, apart from the financial aspects, will be what are BCFC's ambitions.............

A very valid question that many are now asking.

Something that may effect the summer is the transfer window slamming shut early, on 9th August. With the World Cup final on 15 July it really does not leave very long at all for the main business to happen this year. This season our first pre-season friendly was 8th July. The window opens on 17 May but by then most squads will already be prepping for the warm up games.

So there could be a manic few weeks of pre-season shenanigans and transfers, with player moving for even more wildly inflated prices as people scramble for signatures.

Archived