IGNORED

Accrington Stanley? Who Are They?!

Mike Hunt-Hertz

1 hour ago, Juan Kerr said:

Great to see Stanley secure promotion. Hope they can clinch the title.

At least they will have a smaller outfit to play next season....the witless goons in the jester outfits.

Can’t wait to hear the reaction from the Accrington fans when they visit Prowed Park and hear from the Sags how they have a plan called ‘evolution’.

10 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

I can't actually see the point of these poorly supported clubs playing above their natural level when there are proper clubs geographically close - Blackburn, Burnley in their case. 

The same applies to teams like Fleetwood, Crawley, Barnet.

You are clearly too young to remember when football support was all about supporting your local club. Set ups like BS are draining this away slowly but surely making football a corporate business rather than community leisure.

I haven't lived in Bristol since 1964; yet City is in my blood whether they are in the top or the fourth division, or even, god forbid, in non league.

COYR

13 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

I can't actually see the point of these poorly supported clubs playing above their natural level when there are proper clubs geographically close - Blackburn, Burnley in their case. 

Rubbish

18 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

Good idea . 

We should be demoted to the third division straight away .

Let a big club like Portsmouth take our place .

18 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

You are clearly too young to remember when football support was all about supporting your local club. Set ups like BS are draining this away slowly but surely making football a corporate business rather than community leisure.

I haven't lived in Bristol since 1964; yet City is in my blood whether they are in the top or the fourth division, or even, god forbid, in non league.

COYR

Pretty sure the comment was. A whoosh, re The Sags. If not, well, wow.

34 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

And not forgetting the Gas.

• Admin

Another team rising from the Ashes - Hereford got promoted again last night, will be in the National League South from next season

Am sure there will be plenty of "shenanigans" when they visit Bath, Chippenham and Weston next season

Also see Salford only need a point to win their Northern equivilant, I wonder if the TV cameras have been following them again this season?

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

COYR

Non league..? That’s ridiculous!

As if either of the league clubs in a city the size of Bristol would ever be relegated out of the entire football league..! 

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

COYR

No I'm over 60 and I haven't lived in Bristol since 1974.  I agree about supporting your (original) local club which is obviously City in my case .  My point is not that the smaller clubs shouldn't exist but that better supported clubs are more deserving of a place higher up the pyramid eg Portsmouth, Bradford City etc instead of Fleetwood or Burton.

I have no objection to Bristol Rovers being in the 4th Division as that is their natural level.

2 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

No I'm over 60 and I haven't lived in Bristol since 1974.  I agree about supporting your (original) local club which is obviously City in my case .  My point is not that the smaller clubs shouldn't exist but that better supported clubs are more deserving of a place higher up the pyramid eg Portsmouth, Bradford City etc instead of Fleetwood or Burton.

I have no objection to Bristol Rovers being in the 4th Division as that is their natural level.

stop digging

7 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

The most ridiculous post ever.

A football club should play at the level they deserve to. That’s why ‘bigger’ clubs such as Villa are in our league, and why a club like Sunderland will play Stanley next year. 

Should a Burton never play in the premier league ?

23 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

That is total nonsense.

All clubs are where they deserve to be on merit.

27 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

You username could be intepreted as vaguely Italian.... Are you Silvio Berlusconi?

28 minutes ago, daored said:

A football club should play at the level they deserve to. That’s why ‘bigger’ clubs such as Villa are in our league, and why a club like Sunderland will play Stanley next year. 

I think your overreaction is more ridiculous.

If a Burton meets the ground criteria etc then yes  because that is the point of competition.  I am not advocating an American football style league with invitees only.

44 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

Wtf?  Shall we just have a national poll to say who should be where?  Would save money, no players no grounds just an annual vote on who is the 'bigger' team.

What a load of bollocks.

14 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

I think your overreaction is more ridiculous.

If a Burton meets the ground criteria etc then yes  because that is the point of competition.  I am not advocating an American football style league with invitees only.

So you do disagree with your own post then. 

Glad that’s been cleared up..!

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Another team rising from the Ashes - Hereford got promoted again last night, will be in the National League South from next season

Am sure there will be plenty of "shenanigans" when they visit Bath, Chippenham and Weston next season

Yep, fantastic for the mighty Bulls. They've won 3 league titles on the trot finishing with over 100pts on each occasion - never been done in non-league football before.

I know they're a relative big fish in a small pond down there but given their FA Cup exploits too, it has to be said Peter Beadle has done an excellent job.

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So you do disagree with your own post then. 

Glad that’s been cleared up..!

Not really.

Is there any point in Accrington playing in Level 3 given their gates, ground, and  local rivals.  They will need to over extend themselves to recruit better players, additional security etc. and risk going down with increased debt and could end up going bankrupt like the original club.  I didn't say they shouldn't have been promoted in the first place.

I suspect most Accrington fans would rather have a long term future at their own natural level than shit and bust.

1 hour ago, daored said:

And that's saying something on here! :laughcont:

19 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yep, fantastic for the mighty Bulls. They've won 3 league titles on the trot finishing with over 100pts on each occasion - never been done in non-league football before.

I know they're a relative big fish in a small pond down there but given their FA Cup exploits too, it has to be said Peter Beadle has done an excellent job.

Just need to check with @Non gazeuse they meet the criteria for promotion 

27 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

Not really.

Is there any point in Accrington playing in Level 3 given their gates, ground, and  local rivals.  They will need to over extend themselves to recruit better players, additional security etc. and risk going down with increased debt and could end up going bankrupt like the original club.  I didn't say they shouldn't have been promoted in the first place.

I suspect most Accrington fans would rather have a long term future at their own natural level than shit and bust.

Should Bournemouth just have settled for being in League one..? 

Are Sunderland exempt from financial troubles because they have a huge ground and big support..?!

4 hours ago, Nongazeuse said:

Try telling that to the people who are supporting these supposed 'poorer' clubs. It's the very reason that they support who they do, hometown clubs, supporting Crawley instead of Brighton, Oldham or Bury or Rochdale instead of the Mancs (City or Utd), Tranmere instead of Everton or Liverpool, Burton instead of Derby or Forest, Barnet instead of Arsenal or Spurs, Leyton Orient instead of West Ham...etc

If those poorer and smaller clubs went out of business, those fans might be lost to the game forever. Were AFC Wimbledon fans just supposed to give up and support MK Dons?

For me, the smaller clubs are the lifeblood of the football pyramid, imagine if just 1% of football revenue from the Premier League made its way back down to help nurture and support these clubs.....

To the fans of Accrington, i say - well done all of you for believing in a dream and backing your team when it would've been far easier to walk away and possibly change allegiance just for the sake of some glory. Now you have your own glory to revel in. :clap:

Hadn't realised a former City player Scott Brown now played for Stanley. Really pleased for him. I remember being at the Gate when he broke his leg playing for Cheltenham against us. Good to see him hopefully get a chance of playing at League 1 level again. 

Archived