IGNORED

Joey Barton

BRISTOL86

I never used to like Joey Barton. But in recent years he's massively grown on me, he's matured a lot. I was sort of hoping we'd sign him in the summer, think he'd have done bits here. 

His books a great read, if anyone wants to borrow it let me know. 

Also, if you're after a decent podcast, I recommend his one called 'The Edge' Some great episodes with Dyche, Bellew and Alistair Campbell. 

Not too sure how he'll work out as a manager though, he strikes me as the sort of bloke who won't accept anything other than 100%, although that should be standard for footballers, we all know that's not always the case.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how he copes coaching players at that level when he's pretty vocal about the level in Scotland being poor and not being able to adjust to it properly. 

Putting aside his past and numerous misdemeanours;  he talks very well and very knowledgeably about the game, he’s done his badges, he’s played at the highest level both here and abroad (look up his Marseille new conferences if you fancy a giggle though!) and he’s down to earth and says it how it is. He’s taken a job in the lower divisions at the expense of his pretty lucrative media work and isn’t expecting any favour because of his profile. Fair play I reckon. Will follow it with interest.  If he can cut the crap out I reckon he’ll do well. 

It’s a risk, but so is appointing an experienced manager, as WBA found out after appointing Alan Pardew. One benefit of Joey Barton as manager is he’s got a big profile (head) and the club might find it easier to sign a few players. If it all goes pear shaped and he’s sacked, the players will still be there for the  new manager 

Odious & despicable toad.

His recent attacks on David Unsworth purely over his ability to manage Everton based on his weight were disgraceful.

I've listened to him on TS & he always strikes me as someone trying very hard to sound intelligent. The weight jibes against Unsworth proves that leopards don't change their spots.

The guy is a grade A cretin & the appointment has car crash written all over it.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Craig Bellamy would be the one to give a chance too IMHO

Talks lot of sense and cutting his teeth with Cardiff’s academy 

Already gets linked to L1 & 2 clubs at various times clubs are looking for managers, could see him doing well as well.

7 minutes ago, hodge said:

Already gets linked to L1 & 2 clubs at various times clubs are looking for managers, could see him doing well as well.

If Lee was to move in at any point (I’m not suggesting he should be removed) and we wanted to go with another young coach 

We could do worse than Bellamy IMHO

A gamble of course but got the feeling he could be good - will be interesting how he does when he gets a job

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If Lee was to move in at any point (I’m not suggesting he should be removed) and we wanted to go with another young coach 

We could do worse than Bellamy IMHO

A gamble of course but got the feeling he could be good - will be interesting how he does when he gets a job

Think at our level if we wanted that gamble we'd only go 12 month rolling contracts or 2 years tops. Not against young coaches/managers if their philosophy matches what we're looking to do as a club. 

I Hope he falls on his face, I dont care what he has said publicly, his actions have repeatedly proven him to be a vile human being. I feel sorry for the Fleetwood fans as this is just a Publicity stunt to get a few bums on seats and column inches.

1 minute ago, SimonR said:

I Hope he falls on his face, I dont care what he has said publicly, his actions have repeatedly proven him to be a vile human being. I feel sorry for the Fleetwood fans as this is just a Publicity stunt to get a few bums on seats and column inches.

Whey faced ratboy with pretentions of being some sort of intellectual.

Archived