IGNORED

A plea to the players

Top Robin

41 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Getting sick to death of anyone daring to be optimistic being dismissed as a happy clapper. If there’s even a slim chance of a play off place why not dream a little?

4 wins in 2018 does not mean we can’t win today.

As for the heat, it’s about 20 degrees and there’s rain about. Not exactly Dubai.

It's embarrassing to look on the forum recently and see a number of posters almost willing us do badly so they can pat themselves on the back as they say 'I told you so'.

Crikey, let's just get behind the boys today. 

I think all our players are trying but for whatever reason the results aren't going out way. It's unlikely we will make play offs unless we win all of our last remaining games and results go our way.

We have been continuously improving and that's enough for me. Hopefully we can finish the season strong and push on next year.

COYR

Not sure it's a lack of effort as much as a lack of confidence and mental strength.

Some of the players may well have half an eye on a move in the summer, but I disagree they're not trying.

As I said back in October/November I always feared we are a team that relies too much on a handful of key players to stay fit and in form.

That has put a huge amount of weight on the shoulders of players like Bryan, who seems to continually (for years now) come under a lot of criticism from some fans. 

You can put in all the effort you want, but if you're lacking confidence and form, that tension or split second of doubt, will never let you be near your best. This for me is an issue for 3 or 4 of them out there right now. 

Obviously it is a shame that these issues haven't been solved/improved by the management, because a few of them have been well below par for 4 months now...

Archived