IGNORED

Why we shouldn't be surprised

harvey54

We have a manager that was at best, a journeyman pro. The majority of City fans didn't rate him.

He's only managed at the level beneath the one he is currently managing so he lacks experience at this level.

He's out of his depth. Simples 

Ffs get rid and employ someone who knows what they are doing 

What!! Give him the sack for improving our position? 

It's been a disappointing run but let's not lose sight that up to three or four games, left of this season, we had a chance of making the playoffs.

The squad needs some work, I can't see how we need to make a change at the top as well. 

We've thrown away a decent shot at promotion because we have a manager that had no idea how to do it. To not even get to the playoffs is failure compared to where we were at Christmas. I don't want mid table respectability and I don't see it as progress after the start we made to the season. Johnson blew it 

3 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

We've thrown away a decent shot at promotion because we have a manager that had no idea how to do it. To not even get to the playoffs is failure compared to where we were at Christmas. I don't want mid table respectability and I don't see it as progress after the start we made to the season. Johnson blew it 

The whole club blew it. From Ashton's 'promotion is not the aim' to recruiting loanees in positions we didn't need to players who can't handle pressure to a coach who has got himself into a state of confusion over selection and tactics.

The responsibility is collective and sacking the manager will not remove the underlying problems.

My concern is that we have players at the club who have proved that on their day they can beat anyone but........they can also throw away 3 goal leads at home to the worst team in the league, concede 5 goals at home to a team that have struggled all season etc etc.

That tells me the manager isn't getting the best out of his players and can't change it when they struggle 

42 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

We have a manager that was at best, a journeyman pro. The majority of City fans didn't rate him.

He's only managed at the level beneath the one he is currently managing so he lacks experience at this level.

He's out of his depth. Simples 

Ffs get rid and employ someone who knows what they are doing 

Journeyman means nothing. Dont see how that impacts a player as a manager.

Im not pro LJ, Im fairly indifferent.

However I support the team.

As for getting a manager who has experience at his level? Most of them are in the prem or currently employed.

Also plenty examples of managers who have champ experience who I wouldnt want near this club. Adkins, Warnock, Lambert.

Then look at Dean Smith. No experience of Champ before Brentford and doing a fanstastic job considering their net profit in transfer dealings.

3 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

My concern is that we have players at the club who have proved that on their day they can beat anyone but........they can also throw away 3 goal leads at home to the worst team in the league, concede 5 goals at home to a team that have struggled all season etc etc.

That tells me the manager isn't getting the best out of his players and can't change it when they struggle 

This all day long 

45 minutes ago, screech said:

What!! Give him the sack for improving our position? 

It's been a disappointing run but let's not lose sight that up to three or four games, left of this season, we had a chance of making the playoffs.

The squad needs some work, I can't see how we need to make a change at the top as well. 

Only because of our excellent first half. If it had been any less we would be going the way of Sunderland !

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Only because of our excellent first half. If it had been any less we would be going the way of Sunderland !

Indeed and that's the issue. People that think we have progressed are deluded because we are making the same mistakes. The definition of madness is making the same mistake over and over again and expecting a different outcome 

56 minutes ago, swanker said:

We shouldn’t be too surprised by the result either. 

My Mrs wasn’t. When I told her the result  and what happened she replied “ They seem to do that quite a lot”

My Mrs knows nothing about football yet always predicts lost points when we are ahead in games.

4 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Indeed and that's the issue. People that think we have progressed are deluded because we are making the same mistakes. The definition of madness is making the same mistake over and over again and expecting a different outcome 

But given we are 10th the outcome is in fact different 

Although it's all disappointing and our slumps must not be so lengthy, How can people be so vitriolic against a manager who has us 3 points out the playoffs with the last two games to go.

thankfully the majority of this attitude seems to be confined to this online space where we see the most entitled fans on the planet - reminds me of England fans. Rovers are like Liverpool fans “next years our year” and city are like England fans “WHY DONT WE WIN EVERYTHINNGGG ARGHH”

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

But given we are 10th the outcome is in fact different 

I know you aren’t using that as the simple gauge of progress as such, but many are ,

but our finishing position will count for zilch come August and if we find ourselves embroiled in a dogfight as I genuinely fear , we won’t be celebrating 10th or 11th this season

My issue is this....I'm Mr L and I'm interviewing potential new managers to run my multi million pound business (cos this is what we are in business terms) and I look at the cv that Mr J has given me and I can't see with his experience how he is going to take my business forwards. And further down the line I still can't. 

I didn't like LJ as a player. Never rated him. I can't see what he's done as a manager to deserve to be manager of MY team and I don't rate him. That's my point 

Archived