IGNORED

5-5

Alex_BCFC

1 minute ago, Busterrimes said:

There was a 4-4 at Notts County under either Wilson or Jordan second time around

I remember that 4-4 at Notts County. I think it might have been when Pulis (spit) was manager and was one of the few entertaining games under his management. There used to be a very conveniently placed pub right outside the away turnstiles at their ground.

Apart from today the most goals I remember seeing in a City game were 5-4 v Mansfield, 8-2 v Walsall and a 9-2 cup win against a non league side (St Albans?) in the 1990s. 

5 minutes ago, Offside said:

I remember that 4-4 at Notts County. I think it might have been when Pulis (spit) was manager and was one of the few entertaining games under his management. There used to be a very conveniently placed pub right outside the away turnstiles at their ground.

Apart from today the most goals I remember seeing in a City game were 5-4 v Mansfield, 8-2 v Walsall and a 9-2 cup win against a non league side (St Albans?) in the 1990s. 

I didn't go but I think we got hammer 7-2 at Northampton and 6-3 at Bury in the mid 80s too. 

Just had a flick through my BCFC record book and there certainly hasn't ever been a 5-5 draw in a competitive game since we joined the football league. There may have been one in a friendly or before 1901 but as far as I can see, today was our highest scoring draw in our 120 odd year history. 

Archived