IGNORED

Come on now everyone...

Lack of Action Man

22 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

They have repeatedly demonstrated their ability to do so

We havnt - anything but IMHO

You can’t just wipe the slate clean - Not as simple as that

We will be left with the knock on effects of the second half of this season and the  remnants of this season , invcluding what’s left of the side , whether we like  it or not 

Agree that Brentford and Preston have a track record of reinvesting money well - certainly better than us. No doubt we have work to do on our transfer policy, January was nowhere near good enough.

We can talk about failed signings, there have been a few. Engvall and Tomlin, and more recently Diony and Kent, but that’s football, surely every football fan recognises that. But we also have made successful signings, despite a dip in form for some of them. Brownhill, Paterson, O’Dowda, Famara, Wright, Baker. Djuric also an important squad player.

Personally, going forward, i’d prefer us to concentrate on looking in the UK for our talent. 

When I talk about wiping the slate clean - I refer to last season too. Sometimes to get out of a mental rut you need a fresh start as much as anything else.

A shocking season and it took a few adjustments to personnel last summer and we saw in the first half of the season a massive improvement with near enough the same squad and ultimately w are headed for a top 10 finish, something you especially would never have predicted last summer?

I’m not sugar coating our poor form since Christmas. Things need to change. I know many feel there is something inherently wrong in the club/management, I’m not so sure.

I think as much as we want excuses and reasons, actions and casualties for this lower mid table run of form - IMO we have run out of momentum, squad depth in a very tough league. I think a few players have been found out. I think a few players might have their heads elsewhere. I think we have a manager learning his trade who takes his portion of the blame. But for me, the mistakes he has made do not warrant the sack yet.

Yes we should/could have addressed these issues in January with hindsight. 

But we are not the only team in this division to ‘run out of ideas’ in bad form. Derby with a coveted mananger and a budget nearly double ours have shown we are not the only ones to fall from grace and have a manager ‘running out of ideas’.

Yep, you could argue i’m all clichès and blind faith but I could argue your outlook is pessimistic. 

What I see is a work in progress and the progress is there. We’ve proven form, both good and bad, is temporary now several times.

But there are caveats to everything I say - because I agree with you that we need to invest very carefully to replace any big loses and if we see this lower league form at the beginning of next season, serious questions will be asked if LJ beyond the usual vocal few on here. 

2 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

You miss the point or ignore it that since the Wolves game in the last 23 games, yes 23 we have won 4 . 4 wins out of 23 which in effect is half a season .  It cannot be dressed up , but that simple stastitic speaks volumes.  Our current form over that period is nothing other than relegation stuff, If that is carried on into next season ?

A new season will start next August but the recruitment and LJ comments on that video on another thread (re a difficult  summer ) can hardly fill any sane City fan with confidence. 

You ask and state it fxxks you off that fans attitude prevails where our fans had  an expectation that the first half season form Should have continued. Yes we have no divine right to roll teams over but likewise our fall from grace has been staggering not helped by a joke of transfer window in January , when not one of those signings even made the bench yesterday.

Your right, I have an attitude and a reasonable expectation. I want us to compete at the right end of the table.  Current form over half a season makes this unlikely alongside LJ comments. 

I have never ignored our lower mid table form since Christmas.

But that is not my point, you’ve missed that completely. 

My point is to presume any team can maintain great form a whole season is completely wrong.

I’m not arguing what’s gone wrong and why.

But contrary to the doom and gloom outlook, we are actually battling at the right end of the table and as I’ve already said, LJ clearly felt the need to prepare us for the fact that we will find it hard to keep hold of a few top players - but that’s nothing we don’t know.

Let’s hope the money is used to find more O’Dowdas, Brownhills and Famaras and less Engvall, Diony and Tomlins.

We shall see.

Archived