IGNORED

Goal Gifs

YoungRed

Can't believe we are still posting a goal gif on social media which is supposed to be funny when we made it 5-5 yesterday. personsally I don't find anything about how we have played since Xmas funny and other than the Fans I don't feel like anyone else at the club really even cares or has put everything they had into pushing for the playoffs.

For me though, gifs, cup run, serious media attention. January was our chance to recruit big time. We were in the media, proving popular, yet signed nobody of not when surely we couldve attracted some experience to push us over the line. 

Massive trick missed by the club imo. 

You dont get to choose when you next get top 6 and weve failed massively in trying to push for something this year. 

7 hours ago, nickolas said:

For me though, gifs, cup run, serious media attention. January was our chance to recruit big time. We were in the media, proving popular, yet signed nobody of not when surely we couldve attracted some experience to push us over the line. 

Massive trick missed by the club imo. 

You dont get to choose when you next get top 6 and weve failed massively in trying to push for something this year. 

Name some realistic ones

12 hours ago, YoungRed said:

Can't believe we are still posting a goal gif on social media which is supposed to be funny when we made it 5-5 yesterday. personsally I don't find anything about how we have played since Xmas funny and other than the Fans I don't feel like anyone else at the club really even cares or has put everything they had into pushing for the playoffs.

We've been doing it for every goal this season I think since the Plymouth cup game - possibly earlier. Why stop? Just because things aren't going our way doesn't mean we should suck the life out of everything and make things worse.

6 hours ago, hodge said:

Name some realistic ones

Always makes me laugh - why should the poster have to name them to make his point valid.  I doubt he is a scout or a top coach with heightened knowledge and data on all players.

But you cannot tell me there is not experienced talent sat on some prem team benches not getting a game or even not in the squad who we could not have got for potentially less than it looks like we will ultimately pay for Kent? I doubt it personally.

5 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Not my role to find the talent. 

Unfortunately the people whos job it was couldnt find the answer either!

summer should be fun as LJ has basically mapped out a ‘tough one’ for us already. 

:facepalm:

My point being you can't name one suggestion without having to go through the clubs process to churn out a name, when you say experienced the likely candidate would be pretty well known if from Britain, so accounting for position, age, level of talent/do they fit our style, there won't be many that get spit out, you're then talking who would want to move, who we can afford and who we wouldn't get ripped off on given it was January and it's a sellers market. But it doesn't stop people on here spouting out 'sign some experience' if they can't name someone without having to go through the process.

2 hours ago, hodge said:

My point being you can't name one suggestion without having to go through the clubs process to churn out a name, when you say experienced the likely candidate would be pretty well known if from Britain, so accounting for position, age, level of talent/do they fit our style, there won't be many that get spit out, you're then talking who would want to move, who we can afford and who we wouldn't get ripped off on given it was January and it's a sellers market. But it doesn't stop people on here spouting out 'sign some experience' if they can't name someone without having to go through the process.

Im not the one scouting, shouting ‘DNA’, scouring leagues and watching hundreds of matches a season. 

Its not my job to produce names. Thats the job of the professionals who failed miserably in January!

9 hours ago, Neo said:

Always makes me laugh - why should the poster have to name them to make his point valid.  I doubt he is a scout or a top coach with heightened knowledge and data on all players.

But you cannot tell me there is not experienced talent sat on some prem team benches not getting a game or even not in the squad who we could not have got for potentially less than it looks like we will ultimately pay for Kent? I doubt it personally.

You think we could afford, or tempt, someone who’s experienced and on a Premier league teams bench..?

I think you’ll find we probably can’t do either. 

51 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You think we could afford, or tempt, someone who’s experienced and on a Premier league teams bench..?

I think you’ll find we probably can’t do either. 

Firstly I did also say a player not even in the squad.

Secondly, yeah why not? If X club are paying a player 30k per week and he is not getting in the squad then they may be very tempted to loan him out to a team in a different league willing to pay, say 60% of that.

From a players perspective it is game time and a potential shop window playing for a team (who back in January) were in the media spotlight and riding high in the league.

A chance to be a big fish in that pond would probably tempt many if they saw no real future where they were.

Everybody is down on this club at the moment and rightly so but I firmly believe 3 months ago a lot better quality than Walsh, Kunt and Dionkey would have gladly came here short-term.

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Firstly I did also say a player not even in the squad.

Secondly, yeah why not? If X club are paying a player 30k per week and he is not getting in the squad then they may be very tempted to loan him out to a team in a different league willing to pay, say 60% of that.

From a players perspective it is game time and a potential shop window playing for a team (who back in January) were in the media spotlight and riding high in the league.

A chance to be a big fish in that pond would probably tempt many if they saw no real future where they were.

Everybody is down on this club at the moment and rightly so but I firmly believe 3 months ago a lot better quality than Walsh, Kunt and Dionkey would have gladly came here short-term.

Ok, so which experienced premiership player, who’s only on £30k per week. Is not in the squad, but is fit and ready to play, was it that you had in mind..?! 

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Ok, so which experienced premiership player, who’s only on £30k per week. Is not in the squad, but is fit and ready to play, was it that you had in mind..?! 

Hmm. Not sure. Could you possibly e-mail me the dossier you obviously have on every premiership club and their squads and I will get straight back to you.

Or have our scouting network borrowed it back again?

7 minutes ago, Neo said:

Hmm. Not sure. Could you possibly e-mail me the dossier you obviously have on every premiership club and their squads and I will get straight back to you.

Or have our scouting network borrowed it back again?

You are the one saying there must be plenty that we could have got..! 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

You are the one saying there must be plenty that we could have got..! 

Indeed. But I follow Bristol City. I would probably fail to name you 100 prem players and most of those would be the names everyone knows.  Presumably there  must be 500 players or more registered in first team premier league squads and I bet over 200 have not made a match-day squad or been put on loan.

I don’t follow other teams but still 100% convinced we could have got better than Kent from England’s top league.

If not then it is frankly embarrassing that we are below them.

4 minutes ago, Neo said:

Indeed. But I follow Bristol City. I would probably fail to name you 100 prem players and most of those would be the names everyone knows.  Presumably there  must be 500 players or more registered in first team premier league squads and I bet over 200 have not made a match-day squad or been put on loan.

I don’t follow other teams but still 100% convinced we could have got better than Kent from England’s top league.

Harry Wilson for starters...

9 hours ago, nickolas said:

Im not the one scouting, shouting ‘DNA’, scouring leagues and watching hundreds of matches a season. 

Its not my job to produce names. Thats the job of the professionals who failed miserably in January!

You mentioned going for experience, if you look at who we got in we clearly weren't targeting 'experienced' players. Having said that Cameron Jerome is doing a fantastic job of seeing Derby over the line. 

Just now, hodge said:

You mentioned going for experience, if you look at who we got in we clearly weren't targeting 'experienced' players. Having said that Cameron Jerome is doing a fantastic job of seeing Derby over the line. 

Cameron Jerome’s scoring record is no better than Djuric’s so throwing that one out there to counter a debate is not worthwhile. 

Clearly we didnt go for experience. Clearly we didnt want to improve the squad. 

You dont win anything with kids, wasnt it?!

On 22/04/2018 at 12:05, YoungRed said:

They really did that? Some people have no shame

1 hour ago, Neo said:

I get what you are saying, but sadly it’s not that straightforward to get someone that is A) match fit. B) Affordable. C) Interested in dropping down a level for game time & then if they are out there, we’d be in a long queue for their signature. 

Kent was highly rated. Hasn’t worked out. 

Dioney, must have something about him previously, but was a risky punt that’s not paid off, but he can just go back to France. 

Walsh was also highly rated and will be part of our team in the next year or 2, I should think. 

We’d all have loved Grabban etc, but there weren’t many that spring to mind, who’d have met the A, B & C above. 

Archived