IGNORED

Ugly side of football still apparent....

Maesknoll Red

In a City where guns are not too uncommon you have to be naive in the extreme to think a hammer wont be used as a weapon.. Liverpool fans throughout history have always painted themselves as the victims haven’t they though.. absolute bollox... 

51 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Hopefully no one, that is pathetic....yet our ‘hardcore’ fans sing about “.....hatchets and hammers, Stanley knives and spanners...” in the catchy ditty about being told who to support by one’s old man....

I think you take things a bit to serious, i’ve Never seen a City fan carrying a spanner at a game just like i’ve Never seen a City fan hit someone on the head with a baseball bat or thrown anyone in the River, lighten up

1 minute ago, harrys said:

I think you take things a bit to serious, i’ve Never seen a City fan carrying a spanner at a game just like i’ve Never seen a City fan hit someone on the head with a baseball bat or thrown anyone in the River, lighten up

I wasn’t being that serious to be honest...although I accept it’s difficult to know what someone means from just text...

7 minutes ago, bris red said:

In a City where guns are not too uncommon you have to be naive in the extreme to think a hammer wont be used as a weapon.. Liverpool fans throughout history have always painted themselves as the victims haven’t they though.. absolute bollox... 

It was a Roma fan with it supposedly

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Hopefully no one, that is pathetic....yet our ‘hardcore’ fans sing about “.....hatchets and hammers, Stanley knives and spanners...” in the catchy ditty about being told who to support by one’s old man....

Some people even use the expression "I'm gonna kill you" after a friend has played a trick on them. 

So long as words remain words it's no great fuss. 

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Some people even use the expression "I'm gonna kill you" after a friend has played a trick on them. 

So long as words remain words it's no great fuss. 

Yep I agree, as I said above, I wasn’t being serious quoting a City song...but you can’t tell what someone means when you just see text...apologies for any confusion...

21 minutes ago, bris red said:

Liverpool fans throughout history have always painted themselves as the victims haven’t they though.. absolute bollox... 

Not quite the masters at it though are they?

The bullshitters up the road will forever hold that title.

7 hours ago, bris red said:

We do not for sure know who it was; yet.

6 hours ago, hodge said:

It was a Roma fan with it supposedly

I supposed it was the way the article was written but I did not see it confirmed. For that reason we must be cautious before apportioning it to Liverpool or Roma; or perhaps a Putin agent; they are all over matches I have heard.

18 minutes ago, Tiree said:

Putin agents make for a media story but what no football fan should forget is Liverpool FC love to remember Hillsborough (rightly so imo but they do make the world want to feel their grief) 

LFC do not appear so eager to remember 29/5/85 when their fans were to blame for dozens of Italian deaths at Heysel - with over 600 injured. 

Makes a hammer fairly small fry

One injury is one too many I am sure you would agree; i don't think you should belittle the horrific damage a hammer can do; it is a lethal weapon and the culprit should be behind bars for a month for intent alone.

8 hours ago, harrys said:

I have heard of an instance of this, could be bollocks, but given the source I think it was probably true.

38 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

A very broad stroke that Robbo. The vast majority of Ultras are there to just passionately support their teams. Those interested in fighting are by far the minority. 

Well, the word gets used for different things. It's a dirty word to the majority of Italian football fans these days, less so here.

• Admin

Reminded me of an incident at a T20 game at Taunton against Glamorgan last season

Was a very close game and plenty of alcohol and later transpired narcotics by our visitors over the bridge, Glamorgan won in the final over where it got quite nasty at the end of the game

Certainly on a scale of what I have seen around football grounds, a Glamorgan "fan" was near to wear the Somerset groundsman was set to go onto the pitch, when he grabbed his hammer and started waving it around peoples faces, luckily someone put him on his arse but just goes to show the mentality of some people out there

Well when your fanbase is known for stabbing people in the arse and riding off on mopeds, and carrying fucking belts round as weapons, hammer doesn't really come as much of a surprise.

Could kill someone with one swing off he.

Would not fancy being a Liverpool fan next week going by a previous visit to Rome with England in 97.it was the first big away game after euro 96 and a lot of people and family’s went after all the excitement of England games at Wembley 

a lot had a huge shock on how they were treated by locals and police alike, it was pretty tense and dodgy around the ground and if you were English you were fair however old you were. 

The italians just attacked at will while the police turned a blind eye!!

glad they never qualified for the World Cup 

31 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Would not fancy being a Liverpool fan next week going by a previous visit to Rome with England in 97.it was the first big away game after euro 96 and a lot of people and family’s went after all the excitement of England games at Wembley 

a lot had a huge shock on how they were treated by locals and police alike, it was pretty tense and dodgy around the ground and if you were English you were fair however old you were. 

The italians just attacked at will while the police turned a blind eye!!

glad they never qualified for the World Cup 

That is always terrifying, if you go looking for trouble then fair play if you find it, but if you just want to watch the game it is awful if you are targeted. Only really found that at Cardiff and Millwall when following City. The only grounds where you are likely to get a slap just for being a City fan regardless of whether you are looking for a punch up or not. 

• Admin
23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Terrible what happened and yeah a hammer :no:

Suppose I got lucky then- was at Roma last August and saw no issues tbh. Had none either (was in the home end behind the goal- the ultras to my right). Seemed fine to me. Had no problems there.

I guess being around the away "end" may have been a different experience?

Sadly you know the Liverpool fans are going to be targeted next week

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

I guess being around the away "end" may have been a different experience?

Sadly you know the Liverpool fans are going to be targeted next week

Yeah, probably- away end with the Inter lot may have been not so much fun...

I wonder- though I can only guess- if they have a bit of Millwall, in the sense of the supporters who you don't want there come out in the biggest games. Puzzled as to how they  did it in this case, because I (and my mate) had to provide passport details to get a ticket!

I fear you could be right, though I hope not.

Archived