IGNORED

Eros

alexukhc

16 hours ago, The Wild Bunch said:

Started really well then got injured and looked good in his first game back but since then he has struggled.

Specific examples of him having 'started really well' would be appreciated.

I posted about this in another thread and won't go through it all again, but can anyone actually give me an example of a game, early in the season when he did really well?

I was at all his appearances other than Crystal Palace so perhaps my memory will be jogged.

1 hour ago, Coxy27 said:

I posted about this in another thread and won't go through it all again, but can anyone actually give me an example of a game, early in the season when he did really well?

I was at all his appearances other than Crystal Palace so perhaps my memory will be jogged.

Some people on here love anyone who wears a city shirt. I can remember some were posting that Ryan Taylor was a good forward when he played for us?

38 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Under contract for another season. Thank you SL for the short term contracts with incentives you have been talking about for ten years. 

A two year contact I would argue is short term , what you saying every player should be on a weekly contract?

9 minutes ago, daored said:

A two year contact I would argue is short term , what you saying every player should be on a weekly contract?

Contracts for a season and we would have benefited massively over the years. Could well have attracted a few people with interest in a season in League 1/Championship as a stepping stone. People sell able in January. The money we have paid for long term contracts over the years compared to players that have moved on and us actually gaining money.. 

7 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

Sorry can’t give specific examples but just remember after first few games thinking we had signed a solid right back.  He also attacked well down the wing and put in some decent crosses into the box.

15 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Contracts for a season and we would have benefited massively over the years. Could well have attracted a few people with interest in a season in League 1/Championship as a stepping stone. People sell able in January. The money we have paid for long term contracts over the years compared to players that have moved on and us actually gaining money.. 

All valid points, but it leaves the club vulnerable to losing players for nothing. I agree with you that we have in the past offered too long contracts to players ‘82 being a prime example. However, there is  nothing wrong with clubs offering 4/5 year contracts that are incentivised

18 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

He was outstanding on his debut v Barnsley..

However pretty soon after he was badly at fault for Watkins goal at Brentford but because we were on a good run, he’s Italian and also not Mark Little, that got overlooked.

We need a significant trade up on him at RB this summer.

Archived