IGNORED

Mark Ashton is taking the second half of the season debacle extremely seriously

Curr Avon

From what I understand Mark Ashton is taking the second half of the season debacle extremely seriously.

"I'm taking the second half of the season debacle extremely seriously, " he told local reporter Eve Ningpost this afternoon.

"We'll be holding an internal enquiry, internally, as soon as this season's race is run so that we can turn a corner and get to the bottom of it," he added.

When asked why he fills his answers with cliches City's supremo responded, "Because I do exactly what it says on the tin."

Asked to elaborate on the forensic nature and importance of his enquiry to the short-term on field prospects of the football club, Ashton replied, "I'm glad you asked me that. Once we've concluded our whitewash I'll  be giving exclusive interviews to two of the country's most appropriate media - Tatler and Horse and Hounds."

12 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

From what I understand Mark Ashton is taking the second half of the season debacle extremely seriously.

"I'm taking the second half of the season debacle extremely seriously, " he told local reporter Eve Ningpost this afternoon.

"We'll be holding an internal enquiry, internally, as soon as this season's race is run so that we can turn a corner and get to the bottom of it," he added.

When asked why he fills his answers with cliches City's supremo responded, "Because I do exactly what it says on the tin."

Asked to elaborate on the forensic nature and importance of his enquiry to the short-term on field prospects of the football club, Ashton replied, "I'm glad you asked me that. Once we've concluded our whitewash I'll  be giving exclusive interviews to two of the country's most appropriate media - Tatler and Horse and Hounds."

Made my Saturday morning 

The Ashton Inquiry Report - Leaked first draft:

Jon

In order to facilitate the development of the association football club hereafter known as Bristol City I submit that the period between January and the current month of our Lord has been of a standard below the expectation laid out by the board. If one should be of a mind to apportion blame for the less than satisfactory achievement of results consistent with that of a team wishing to progress to a standard higher than that at which they currently play then I would suggest the optimal solution would be a re-branding along similar lines to that which our Rugby Union Bristol Sport colleagues are currently attempting in order to disguise their years of off field organisational failure. I further submit that our January transfer policy was a masterstroke and in my discussions with all concerned as part of this inquiry, all agree it was in no way responsible for any subsequent expectation shortfalls. In the words of our diminutive colleague, We go again.

Yours

Mark.

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

This isn't me but Mark Ashton on Weston beach .

Shame on him .

:disapointed2se:

I just took the photo . Interesting use of a Sunderland shirt . 

Major, I just hope that you're taking the second half of the season debacle extremely seriously. We need you to be strong and stable for the long term strategy, because the quest is the quest don't you know.

6 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Possibly was but it was nicer than the stuff my Mother made (sorry Mum). Never made custard in my life and Never will.

Credit to the dinner ladies, despite the nickname it was great - never had it since primary school though.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Credit to the dinner ladies, despite the nickname it was great - never had it since primary school though.

Remember my brother being told off for licking his plate, sadly most of those dinner ladies have probably served their last meal. 

1 hour ago, reddoh said:

Possibly was but it was nicer than the stuff my Mother made (sorry Mum). Never made custard in my life and Never will.

When I was a kid I used to go up to London with my Dad to visit my Grandparents. When we were leaving my Gran always used to give me a big bowl of milk jelly in case I got hungry. Have you ever ridden the tube with one of them on your lap

9 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Hope not, I only left 2 years ago!

Nogbad the Bad
Nogbad the Bad
OTIB Supporter
19,508 posts
Location: BS3. The deed has been done. Back in my seat for 2018/19
Report post   #61
Posted 2 hours ago
  22 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:
How many baby's were borne in Bristol the same day? They deserve true recognition.  

A midwife told me an average of 15 - 20 a day in Bristol itself when I 'played my part' in adding to their numbers in the late 80's/early 90's.

The number's gone up since then, certainly if the expanding Primary School's are anything to go by.

You must be very thick to be kept back that long. :laughcont:

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

When I was a kid I used to go up to London with my Dad to visit my Grandparents. When we were leaving my Gran always used to give me a big bowl of milk jelly in case I got hungry. Have you ever ridden the tube with one of them on your lap

to the best of my Knowledge I have never ridden the tube with either a bowl of milk jelly or your Gran on my lap.

13 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Nogbad the Bad
Nogbad the Bad
OTIB Supporter
19,508 posts
Report post   #61
Posted 2 hours ago
How many baby's were borne in Bristol the same day? They deserve true recognition.  

A midwife told me an average of 15 - 20 a day in Bristol itself when I 'played my part' in adding to their numbers in the late 80's/early 90's.

The number's gone up since then, certainly if the expanding Primary School's are anything to go by.

13 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Nogbad the Bad
Nogbad the Bad
OTIB Supporter
19,508 posts
Report post   #61
Posted 2 hours ago

I could say I got so addicted to my daily fix of 'windolene' they couldn't get me out of the dining area for almost 50 years, but not sure that would be credible. O.K. the truth is I didn't really only leave 2 years ago and your morbid musings on the fates of the dinner ladies of 68/69 are probably true. :(

Archived