IGNORED

Stoke

Wanderingred

55 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Pretty sure the game when Tins scored from long range ended up 1-1 (our goal was a very late equaliser) & was also played at The Brittania, the only time I’ve been.

Yes, it must have been the Bitannia because I was at that game and never visited the Victoria Ground.

I'm quite pleased they've been relegated. I often hold grudges against teams and haven't liked them since they beat us at Wembley in 2000. There was also that horrible game when they beat us at their ground near the end of the GJ play off season.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Good, been shooting above their stature for many a year. Welcome back to reality.

Makes no sense to me. Every club are where they deserve to be, whether that’s because of crap/excellent ownership or being very unlucky/lucky.

Like when I hear “Leeds should be a Premiership club”. What a load of bollocks.

31 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I wouldn't say that. They reached an FA Cup final and played in Europe as well as a few top half finishes. Pretty much the glass ceiling for a club like Stoke these days.

Pretty much the limit of most clubs these days as the 'big 4 or 5' have resources beyond the rest.

(I am ignoring the Leicester title win)

56 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I wouldn't say that. They reached an FA Cup final and played in Europe as well as a few top half finishes. Pretty much the glass ceiling for a club like Stoke these days.

Yep. If we ever get up then I'd happily take that sort of record. Never looked like getting relegated before this season either. 

13 minutes ago, Masala said:

Vile club

Vile fans

Vile place

Vile football

Whatever we think of the Potters they've had ten consecutive seasons of top flight football. That demands respect. Our fans would be happy with a single campaign in the Premier League, something that seems a long way away.

3 hours ago, Offside said:

I'm quite pleased they've been relegated. I often hold grudges against teams and haven't liked them since they beat us at Wembley in 2000. There was also that horrible game when they beat us at their ground near the end of the GJ play off season.

Remember that one, lost 1-0 I think.

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Not if Tinnion scored at the Victoria Ground, in which case it makes total sense

No our first match in freezing tempertures  , I recall the goal well as I was right behind it , in the center of the goal   . I also remember an interview with Tins saying it was the best goal he ever scored

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Pretty sure the game when Tins scored from long range ended up 1-1 (our goal was a very late equaliser) & was also played at The Brittania, the only time I’ve been.

I was there. Couldn’t believe Tins had shot and stood up to shout about wasting the opportunity. 

The shot dipped quickly and went in. Sorry Brian.

6 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

It was a midweek cup game, just checked we won 3-1

Long time ago :blink:

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 15.52.22.png

great match this. I remember at half time we were down and out, both on and off the field when, all of a sudden, some of the city in the stand started ten men went to burn. by the time the teams came back on our away end was bouncing around like we'd already won. great night! 

2 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

great match this. I remember at half time we were down and out, both on and off the field when, all of a sudden, some of the city in the stand started ten men went to burn. by the time the teams came back on our away end was bouncing around like we'd already won. great night! 

We were on the side, below some corporate boxes . I'm sure I remember Eric Bristow in there.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

We were on the side, below some corporate boxes . I'm sure I remember Eric Bristow in there.

haha, so it was you lot that got us going! It's one of those weird memories that sticks with you, everyone on the terrace being gloomy and down in the dumps when a load of cidered up city get the show back on the road :D top days! 

8 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

NO the match was played in 1999 00 season   1 1 draw  Tins goal on 85 mins 

11 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

Sorry   wrong   !     Tins goal 85th min equaliser from 35 yards  1 1 draw  1999 00 season !

5 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Makes no sense to me. Every club are where they deserve to be, whether that’s because of crap/excellent ownership or being very unlucky/lucky.

Like when I hear “Leeds should be a Premiership club”. What a load of bollocks.

Most teams have a bigger squad these days

Archived