IGNORED

Joe Bryan

Herbsley

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Clearly he does have an affiliation to Scotland through his parents and qualifies for them. We have known this for a while.

I understand how you would feel, but Joe may not as he qualifies for Scotland

Will Joe turn it down if the opportunity came a long...I would bet you a fiver that he would not!

The affiliation I'm thinking of is in his mind. His mindset will be Bristolian and English.

I'm pretty sure he does not think of himself as Scottish in any way, and imo. that's a very good reason to turm them down.

Added to that there is a genuine chance his own country will come calling at some stage - the country he would feel genuine pride in representing, and where he could understand his team mates in the dressing room!

15 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Clearly he does have an affiliation to Scotland through his parents and qualifies for them. We have known this for a while.

He really doesn’t and said so on RB two weeks ago - it’s a grandmother who was born in Scotland IiRC

I understand how you would feel, but Joe may not as he qualifies for Scotland

Think you will find that’s not correct - from his interview

Will Joe turn it down if the opportunity came a long...I would bet you a fiver that he would not!

11 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The affiliation I'm thinking of is in his mind. His mindset will be Bristolian and English.

I'm pretty sure he does not think of himself as Scottish in any way, and imo. that's a very good reason to turm them down.

Added to that there is a genuine chance his own country will come calling at some stage - the country he would feel genuine pride in representing, and where he could understand his team mates in the dressing room!

Yeah I get it NTTB....I guess we will see....On for that fiver?

If that is his last appearance for us then good riddance, absolute liability at left back, just letting his man run straight past him for the second and third goals. If he gets a prem move then he will be shown up for the over hyped bottle job he is. Wont ever play international football, and will probaly never be a regular prem player.

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Yeah I get it NTTB....I guess we will see....On for that fiver?

Not sure that would benefit you much in the USA Redoxo - even in the unlikely event you won!

Let's just call it an old fashioned sportsman's bet -Joe will tell the Jocks where they can stick their sporran if they have the temerity to ask him to become one of them, mark my words!!

@Bob Bob Super Bob its always such a bugger quoting in line responses :blink:

However without being Pedantic if its his grandparents it is through his parents, but moving on!

I guess the proof in the pudding will be if he gets a call from Scotland, then he will need to make a decision. Its always easy to make notional statements on something that may never happen. My fiver is on him saying yes if called, see earlier post....Guess we will see!

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not sure that would benefit you much in the USA Redoxo - even in the unlikely event you won!

Let's just call it an old fashioned sportsman's bet -Joe will tell the Jocks where they can stick their sporran if they have the temerity to ask him to become one of them, mark my words!!

I am in England/Brizz/London/Torquay/Chipping Campden/Stow quite a bit for business so the fiver would be welcome.

I have marked your words! You may be right. We will see!...For the record they can all stuff their sporrans right up their Haggis!

10 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I am in England/Brizz/London/Torquay/Chipping Campden/Stow quite a bit for business so the fiver would be welcome.

I have marked your words! You may be right. We will see!...For the record they can all stuff their sporrans right up their Haggis!

Joe Bryan surely couldn't have put it better, although there might be the odd expletive included too!

41 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

My grandparent correction does sound pedantic but it  (The tenuous qualification as he appears to view it) seemed relevant to JB in the interview Ox ;)

Archived