IGNORED

Surprise departures in the summer

Major Isewater

2 hours ago, Olé said:

The only surprise will be any decent player wanting to stick around and play in this setup.

I'm now more convinced than ever that Bobby Reid's work with Back To Action / Rayan Wilson last summer, has been responsible for more of a swing in our league position and form, than any progress resulting from actual coaching. Personally I think Bobby has been worth 5-8 places for us this season due to his own efforts, and while putting him up front is a masterstroke for LJ, there has been no actual incremental development of the team.

Far from it, once our 3 best players have left this summer, we'll be a very very poor team that has not only not developed, but on the basis of recent form regressed among players we might hope to be long term, and in the end analysis - cup excluded -  will have shown no serious progress over the season. Bobby's work has been an incredible advertisement for LJ because his movement allows the manager to appear responsible for an incisive style of play.  

In reality we haven't got a clue how to play through people without Bobby dropping and exchanging passes, and for the past several months we've been devoid of any idea how to create shots on target, let alone actually compete against opponents. Today we saw a City team that didn't look like it was playing for a manager and certainly didn't look like it was coached to compete or close down opponents, let alone create chances. What a send off.

Good luck Bobby. Am not looking forward to next season. 

:clap: Excellent post as always Ole, its always nice to read your posts as you say it as it is. Sadly after watching City for 60 years, I am not looking forward to next season either although like many, my ST is renewed and the cat will cower in the corner on home games :laughcont:

2 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

:clap: Excellent post as always Ole, its always nice to read your posts as you say it as it is. Sadly after watching City for 60 years, I am not looking forward to next season either although like many, my ST is renewed and the cat will cower in the corner on home games :laughcont:

Can't say I'm looking forward to August; more with trepidation if the current organ grinder is still here. 

At present, City's record during my time is eight promotions against seven relegation. Unfortunately unless something drastic happens, I see an equaliser coming next season. 

I desperately want to be proved wrong and having to eat a big helping of 'umble pie. 

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Baker & Pack the surprises. 

Bryan and Reid the non surprised. 

I’m  going to go really left field and say Pisano. (Yes, yes I know he plays on the right!)

Think Pisano will be gone too, with only a year left on his deal, I reckon he’ll go back to Italy.

If Baker & Pack do follow Reid & Bryan (who I agree will both go) that is some rebuilding job..

4 hours ago, swanker said:

I’ve heard Everton are in for Franky.  It’s a done deal! 

Only because when he kicked the ball out it landed at their left wingers feet. Trouble is their left winger was at Goodison and Franky was at Ashton Gate!

Only joking Frank. You aint that bad really...................

3 hours ago, Olé said:

The only surprise will be any decent player wanting to stick around and play in this setup.

I'm now more convinced than ever that Bobby Reid's work with Back To Action / Rayan Wilson last summer, has been responsible for more of a swing in our league position and form, than any progress resulting from actual coaching. Personally I think Bobby has been worth 5-8 places for us this season due to his own efforts, and while putting him up front is a masterstroke for LJ, there has been no actual incremental development of the team.

Far from it, once our 3 best players have left this summer, we'll be a very very poor team that has not only not developed, but on the basis of recent form regressed among players we might hope to be long term, and in the end analysis - cup excluded -  will have shown no serious progress over the season. Bobby's work has been an incredible advertisement for LJ because his movement allows the manager to appear responsible for an incisive style of play.  

In reality we haven't got a clue how to play through people without Bobby dropping and exchanging passes, and for the past several months we've been devoid of any idea how to create shots on target, let alone actually compete against opponents. Today we saw a City team that didn't look like it was playing for a manager and certainly didn't look like it was coached to compete or close down opponents, let alone create chances. What a send off.

Good luck Bobby. Am not looking forward to next season. 

If there was ever a post which summed up my mind more on this forum, I haven't seen it.

It's worrisome, as on paper I can see Bryan, Reid, Fielding, Steele, Magnússon, Taylor, and Baker leaving us. Add to that the contracts and loans, so Golbourne, Garita, O'Neil, Kent, Diony, Woodrow.

It's going to be some rebuilding job.

Do I trust LJ and MA with it.

No.

Hoping I eat my words this time next season, but I remain to be convinced.

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Baker & Pack the surprises. 

Bryan and Reid the non surprised. 

I’m  going to go really left field and say Pisano. (Yes, yes I know he plays on the right!)

So that's 4 non lj/ma signings up the road then. (Baker being a Cotts signing originally)

And if a lot of posters get their way Frankie will be replaced. 

5 players needed, assuming our "players for the future" aren't ready for the present 

Where's the best place to park on Filton Avenue?

Laughable all these 'experts' predicting the best 5 or 6 City players will all be sold because Steve Lansdown has built the stadium, invested in the club etc as he is desperate to see League One football in BS3. The only players leaving Ashton this pre season will be those that Johnson wants out and maybe one or two that we get ridiculous offers for. There will be no mass exodus of first team players.

5 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Laughable all these 'experts' predicting the best 5 or 6 City players will all be sold because Steve Lansdown has built the stadium, invested in the club etc as he is desperate to see League One football in BS3. The only players leaving Ashton this pre season will be those that Johnson wants out and maybe one or two that we get ridiculous offers for. There will be no mass exodus of first team players.

Or those that want out, which based on recent performances appears to be most of them.

Big changes ahead.

Archived