IGNORED

Read so much crap

Hampshire Red

52 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You could also argue that injuries contributed to our best form of the season. When those players were out and LJ had to stick with the same starting 11, week in, week out we were flying in November and December.

And in regard to Paterson; he's never been the same since LJ switched him from playing behind Bobby to out on the wing. A more likely explanation of his loss of form for me.

Kills the argument about all the meticulous planning going into this. Patterson played off Reid in a very different way to playing off players brought in and coming back from injury. Same goes for Reid being put into midfield  and on this goes for the likes of Bryan.  Balls often go long rather than to feet. 

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:18, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You are correct it was a fluke, injuries have not helped obviously, but for some to blame individual errors for almost 5 months of dire relegation type football is nonsense.

The truth is that for the first 4 months, we garnered some sort of momentum and it was assisted by the fact that LJ got lucky with his plan B of pushing Flint forward when needed, he got lucky that in the main his shoe horning in of Wright at right back was only occasionally exposed as a terrible error of judgement not to sign another right back and he later exacerbated that situation by trying and failing with Smith, Brownhill and even Bryan at right back.

Add to that the appalling January window, which certainly did not impress SL, the deterioration of squad unity and it would seem falling out with certain players, it doesn't look good moving on, if anyone can actually see what LJ was trying to achieve, they will have to explain it because sure as hell can't see it, what I saw was team incompetence the passing around at the back descending into hospital balls, either ending up largely with one of the centre backs getting bored and launching ball forward or one of our midfielders passing it back to Fielding who then skilfully put the ball safely into touch, I saw slow movement, slow build up and when we do venture into the opponents half I saw either over complication or lack of final ball.

Ever think having a Famara and another physical player up front with others providing crosses was always where Lee Johnson was heading. Kent was brought in as a winger who ended up not being all that. Diony and Djuric? Big punt up and if he ball sticks in go the runners. 

Archived