IGNORED

Bradford City - 33 years ago...

BS4 on Tour...

I do remember it, but didn’t realise it was so late in the season. In my mind I thought it was dark and see images of people running onto the pitch clearly on fire. I can’t bring myself to watch footage of it again. I think it was as tragic as anything that has happened since as this was a pure accident not a criminal happening, Hillsborough. Often gets overlooked because of this.

RIP to the people who lost their lives, it could have been anyone of us back then. Thoughts to the family members left behind, how they have lived with the knowledge of what happened to their loved ones is beyond me. 

I remember fire fighters coming into school and showing us this just to show how quickly fire can spread in certain situations. They told us we were just watching a game of football but then obviously the fire broke out spread in a matter of seconds. Always stuck with me watching the footage.

Thank god the stadia in this country is now seemingly safe. You see incidents every now and then around the world where there’s injuries and fatalies at football it makes you appreciate the improvement there’s been here. 

Archived