IGNORED

Jon Stead

Red Army 75

21 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Yeah he turned up looking like pooh & did nothing 

2 pens, a free kick, a few headers & just a few lucky punts .

I noticed he played in the play off for Rochdale the other night. Let's put it this way, he's struggled to walk past any pie shops since he was with us! 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. I’m with Maggers on this one mate. 

I think I expected more of Stead than he actually gave. In his 3 seasons here we got progressively worse as a team, ending up in 2 of the poorest seasons in memory which culminated in our relegation. Every single player in that final year in the championship has no place in my personal hall of fame. All are in the hall of shame. 

Stead scored 20 goals in 3 seasons, as the main big money striker. He was our top earner at the time and top earners need to deliver more. And Maggers is right about his effort - sometimes he hardly broke sweat. 

Oh, and he came onto my Mrs in Walkabout one night as well. The ********. Fair play to her though, she told him he was a big-time Charlie and she couldn’t give a shit that he was a premiership footballer. 

It's entirely possible to be a good player in a piss poor set up. Imo this is a summary of Stead's career at City. 

Not sure what you were expecting from him but, again imo, he delivered at City pretty much what he's delivered throughout his career. Never been prolific, never had pace, but weighed in with his fair share and always put in a shift. Plenty of far worse players to be having a pop at. 

44 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I noticed he played in the play off for Rochdale the other night. Let's put it this way, he's struggled to walk past any pie shops since he was with us! 

Did a cracking job of seeing the game out down in the corner from what I saw. I suppose you`re going to struggle to shift a unit like he is now when he`s shielding the ball though!

Who was that header against that he scored at AG from what seemed like about thirty yards at the time?

Edit; just seen the show reel above and it was more like forty! Can`t make out who we were playing though.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Did a cracking job of seeing the game out down in the corner from what I saw. I suppose you`re going to struggle to shift a unit like he is now when he`s shielding the ball though!

Who was that header against that he scored at AG from what seemed like about thirty yards at the time?

Edit; just seen the show reel above and it was more like forty! Can`t make out who we were playing though.

Millwall on a Tuesday night 

2 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Was a good goal, horrible wet night and boring game 

You`re right on all three counts! I was just impressed at the power he got on it from that distance, it was looping but it still had to travel some distance - hasn`t he got a steel plate in his head or something? I seem to remember people saying at the time that that`s why he could do that!

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

You`re right on all three counts! I was just impressed at the power he got on it from that distance, it was looping but it still had to travel some distance - hasn`t he got a steel plate in his head or something? I seem to remember people saying at the time that that`s why he could do that!

No I didn’t hear that :laughcont: explain all the headers 

BA131532-DFF2-4635-A506-B145EB2C088A.png

Archived