IGNORED

Surprise Scapegoat?

YorkshireSection

On 13/05/2018 at 16:05, JonDolman said:

Doesn't Johnson get the final say? If not then that policy of someone else buying the players is never going to work. 

He does indeed, he confirmed it yesterday in the GT interview, only one man to blame and that's LJ.  I'm not sure why people try to be so ITK, embarrassing really.

On 13/05/2018 at 12:05, RED4LIFE said:

Off topic, I have also heard that City have cancelled the last 2 years of Lancer Scotts sponsorship and replaced them with a Chinese betting firm. 

On 13/05/2018 at 15:13, frenchred said:

100% correct. Cast aside 

Where have you heard this...?

22 hours ago, numbeast said:

During that disgraceful losing streak last season I tried to play devils advacte saying the side LJ put together got Barnsley to Wembley and promotion. A Barnsley fan came on and said they had others who identified recruits and signed them and that LJ had little say in who was signed. 

Now I'm not saying this is the case at Ashton Gate but it is a credible scenario. It would make sense that MA wanted a head coach rather than a manager who wanted to keep control over who they sign and who, within reason, they sell. Having a history of this system the club wouldn't have to sell it to a new man and MA gets to be important.

I made a similar point few weeks back about the team he built Wembley, promotion and then  decent chunk of it 7th in Championship in Jan last year before they sold- my assumption was he signed most of their key players, so came out with a fair bit of credit.

Now seen this post, and seems he had little say in who was signed?

Slightly worrying if correct...I do get the model, Director of Football/Sporting Director, continuity etc but raises another question mark for me.

Also, if we are going to go down that road- and Ashton is alright financially I guess- we need someone with serious football pedigree, yet young enough to understand the modern game here and in Europe and have relevant contacts in addition to Ashton IMO as the DOF/Sporting Director. Work with Ashton and LJ- Ashton and LJ doesn't fully cut it for me.

On 13/05/2018 at 04:51, Newquay-Red said:

who do you support? I follow the Calgary Flames myself but I lived in Kingston, ON so it was pretty much Leafs fans with the Habs second and probably Sens being third. One bloody good game it has to be said

Follow the flames too. Similar season to City. So much promise then nose dived at the final hurdle.

3 coaches sacked. 

Archived