IGNORED

Things to see and do in Ireland?

Up The City!

It looks like I’m heading back to Ireland in about a week or so. Last time I didn’t really get chance to see much of Ireland due to the weather and other things but this time I’m hoping to explore and see more of Ireland and looking for some recommendations?

Once again I’m going to be based in Co. Roscommon and don’t mind travelling 2 hours or so. I’ll also be getting the ferry to and from Rosslare so will have a 4 hour drive up through Ireland.

2GnCT.png

• Admin

All my experiences are in the Southern counties, as that’s where my family come from.  If you fancy the drive down, Killarney and its national park, along with the ring of Kerry are nice places to visit, Keane bar in Listowel is a rather infamous bar for musical evenings. Some great beaches on the east coast within 30 minutes of Killarney.  Dingle, go and see the dolphin in the harbour and some decent eateries there.  If you want the tourist thing, go and kiss the Blarney Stone in Cork.

Some great pubs all over the country who have music nights, some great places to eat, it’s a bit of an underrated place to visit in my opinion, there’s always classics like the Giants Causeway, Knock Shrine and many other beautiful scenic places uncluttered with people.

If you’re more of a City person, then I can’t really help as I tend to avoid them.

Archived