IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou

Negan

Just trying to find out if our man is heading to the world cup or not. Seems like Senegal haven't announced their 23 man squad yet but he's on the list of 35 players they are looking at. 

https://www.igfm.sn/mondial-2018-retour-de-famara-diedhiou-premiere-de-krepin/

IGFM-(Dakar) as we announced a few weeks ago, Famaa Diédhiou will indeed be part of the group of 35 players that the national coach, this Thursday, has confirmed Record in its delivery of the day. The Bristol striker (D2 England) could not be included in this pre-list for the 2018 World Cup. Especially since he scored 13 goals in the championship. Better, he is the second top scorer in Senegal after Sadia Mags (19 goals all competitions combined). However, he had not been summoned in the last two friendly matches of the "Lions". But it seems that in the meantime, he sowed doubt in the mind of the breeder.
The newspaper of the future Media group adds that the young striker Krépin Diatta also appears in this preselection for the first time. Champion of Belgium just a few days ago, the Fc Bruges player was doubly rewarded. Now, it remains to be known whether he will have the chance to appear in the 23 who go to Russia to defend the colors of Senegal.

30 minutes ago, Negan said:

Just trying to find out if our man is heading to the world cup or not. Seems like Senegal haven't announced their 23 man squad yet but he's on the list of 35 players they are looking at. 

IGFM-(Dakar) as we announced a few weeks ago, Famaa Diédhiou will indeed be part of the group of 35 players that the national coach, this Thursday, has confirmed Record in its delivery of the day. The Bristol striker (D2 England) could not be included in this pre-list for the 2018 World Cup. Especially since he scored 13 goals in the championship. Better, he is the second top scorer in Senegal after Sadia Mags (19 goals all competitions combined). However, he had not been summoned in the last two friendly matches of the "Lions". But it seems that in the meantime, he sowed doubt in the mind of the breeder.
The newspaper of the future Media group adds that the young striker Krépin Diatta also appears in this preselection for the first time. Champion of Belgium just a few days ago, the Fc Bruges player was doubly rewarded. Now, it remains to be known whether he will have the chance to appear in the 23 who go to Russia to defend the colors of Senegal.

Well I'm glad that's clear now .

:blink:

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

If he does go we could well have seen the last of him in a City shirt.

He's my outside tip for a surprise transfer out of the club .

I’d hope he stays, seems happy here. Plus it would be nice having a bloody striker that doesn’t go after 1 good season with us. That’s Baldock, Kodjia, Tammy and looks like Reid as well now. They seem to all have a good season and we sell. Maybe a good thing Fammy got injured, if he stayed fit I think he would have broke 20 league goals for the season, teams would have definitely be interested then! 

1 hour ago, Negan said:

That's where we're going wrong then. What we should be doing when we find a Kodjia or Fammy, is breeding them!! 

Would take a while for the results to start showing promise, but really when you think about it,  it's a fool proof plan.

On second thoughts actually, perhaps that's why they go on about DNA so much - they're already doing it.....

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

If he does go we could well have seen the last of him in a City shirt.

He's my outside tip for a surprise transfer out of the club.

I don't know whether you were being serious or not, Major, but FD did allude in a recent interview that he had good contacts in the Premier League.

No doubt all will be revealed in the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, Negan said:

I’d hope he stays, seems happy here. Plus it would be nice having a bloody striker that doesn’t go after 1 good season with us. That’s Baldock, Kodjia, Tammy and looks like Reid as well now. They seem to all have a good season and we sell. Maybe a good thing Fammy got injured, if he stayed fit I think he would have broke 20 league goals for the season, teams would have definitely be interested then! 

That is because we got stung holding on to Nicky Maynard after a great goalscoring season when we could've cashed in to the tune of £4M from Leicester. That was one of SL's mistakes that he seems to have learnt from.

14 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

That is because we got stung holding on to Nicky Maynard after a great goalscoring season when we could've cashed in to the tune of £4M from Leicester. That was one of SL's mistakes that he seems to have learnt from.

Maynard IMO had the attributes- injury hamstrung him, plus wasn't he quite a bighead?

Just looking back hypothetically to those times- what if we had a fit and more dynamic Noble behind him, the 4-4-1-1 as in the first half of playoff season and the striker up front...Maynard. So the 4-4-1-1 with Noble behind Byfield let's say.

Or even a fully fit Steve Brooker to pair him- could have been quite the combination at that time, late 2000's.

Things declined and he declined with it- but in those early days well I look back and wonder 'What if'...

17 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

The only thing SL could have learned from that would have been, 'don't sign players who don't want to play for Leicester at some point in their career'.

It was Maynard who turned the move down.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The only thing SL could have learned from that would have been, 'don't sign players who don't want to play for Leicester at some point in their career'.

I might well be wrong but I've just researched articles from 2011 regarding the four Leicester bids and they all state that City turned the bids down the final one being for £4M. Colin Sexstone even states in an article that Leicester were doomed to fail with their attempt to sign Maynard because City would not sell a player to a Championship rival. (Indeed, much was made of this about turn when JK was sold to Villa.) 

53 minutes ago, Taz said:

That's where we're going wrong then. What we should be doing when we find a Kodjia or Fammy, is breeding them!! 

Would take a while for the results to start showing promise, but really when you think about it,  it's a fool proof plan.

On second thoughts actually, perhaps that's why they go on about DNA so much - they're already doing it.....

How about cloning them?

38 minutes ago, Jcolebristol said:

Indeed.

'In attack, FD makes his return in Aliou Cissé's list. Following an excellent season with Bristol, Famara could figure in the definitive list'.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can only turn down a move if the bid is accepted.

1 hour ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Senegal have Mane & Sakho & Diouf so cant see Famara going I'm afraid.

Countries usually take 4 or 5 strikers so there is still room for Famara including those names. Would be great if he went and scored a few. 

Archived