IGNORED

Celebrate that City are established in the Champ'ship

reddogkev

Whoever wins the League 1 play offs will be viewed as relegation certainties.  Apart from that, only a few can be said to be secure from relegation.  This year's play off sides and that's about it.  Not a season to have a poor start on the back of poor summer recruitment.

13 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Wolves, Cardiff and Fulham / Villa are replacing WBA, Swansea and Stoke.  I think overall that's a weaker championship.

Stoke and Swansea have further to fall if you ask me.  Not relegation but a season like Hull's most likely.  Both have a few saleable assets who will surely leave but then a load of overpaid, ageing crap.  West Brom is dependent on what their board do for a manager. If they get someone like McCarthy, Allardyce or Moyes in they will surely be top 6.  Jay Rodriguez is a good shout for next season's top scorer and they won't lose many younger players as they don't have any except Oliver Burke who will probably do very well under the right manager.  Blackburn and Wigan will be decent but not top 10.  If Rotherham win the play offs it says loads about the gap between League 1 and the Championship. 

It's going to be more or less the same overall isn't it.  Clubs dropping are weaker but those coming up are stronger.  Evens itself out

West Brom is hard to say, isn't it?

A quick look at their squad via Transfermarkt suggests the following:

Outfield players aged 29 and above in order of age- so that's 29 upwards:-

• McClean- 29
  • Nyom- 30
  • Evans- 30
  • Yacob- 30
  • Morrison- 31
  • Brunt- 33
  • Barry- 37
  • McAuley- 38

From there you can also throw in Foster and Myhill who are both 35 and Gabr who is on loan but might sign permanently, aged 29.

Now, Morrison, Yacob, Brunt, Barry, Myhill and McAuley all out of contract.

Evans has a very small release clause- £3m. Not much to reinvest...Dawson, Chadli and Rondon I believe all have release clauses too.

They could have their work cut out IMO.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

West Brom is hard to say, isn't it?

A quick look at their squad via Transfermarkt suggests the following:

Outfield players aged 29 and above in order of age- so that's 29 upwards:-

• McClean- 29
  • Nyom- 30
  • Evans- 30
  • Yacob- 30
  • Morrison- 31
  • Brunt- 33
  • Barry- 37
  • McAuley- 38

From there you can also throw in Foster and Myhill who are both 35 and Gabr who is on loan but might sign permanently, aged 29.

Now, Morrison, Yacob, Brunt, Barry, Myhill and McAuley all out of contract.

Evans has a very small release clause- £3m. Not much to reinvest...Dawson, Chadli and Rondon I believe all have release clauses too.

They could have their work cut out IMO.

Think Myhill has been released. 

I think we need to remind ourselves when getting all clap happy about progression that we crashed the second half of the season abysmally, our best players are likely to be sold in the summer and according to Lee, unless we get money in we won’t be buying, just promoting the youth.

The thought of watching poor young Max O’Leary against quality strong experienced Championship centre forwards is....well....frightening if I am honest.

Where there is a bit of ying there is a bit of yang.

I think we should all remind ourselves that we should feel relieved that we were not in a relegation battle, but not go OTT on congratulations because of the second half of the season.

5 hours ago, Monkeh said:

well he is right we've spent 10 out of the last 12 years in the championship, i think by the very definition we are an established championship club with a blip

Christ!! you're right, hadn't thought of it like that, was surprised to be honest didn't realise we had been in the championship that long. I agree though am feeling a bit more confident that we wont be making anymore trips to the other side of Bristol for the foreseeable.

Archived