IGNORED

Slayer farewell tour

'Orns

Wow, they're calling it a day are they?

Not listened to them in a long time. A friends older brother was a huge metal head and they caught my ear. It lead me onto Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Pantera etc when i was an impressionable young teen.

Don't think i've ever listened to anything they put out in the late 90s or 00s. Any good?

Enjoy the gig mate.

37 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Wow, they're calling it a day are they?

Not listened to them in a long time. A friends older brother was a huge metal head and they caught my ear. It lead me onto Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Pantera etc when i was an impressionable young teen.

Don't think i've ever listened to anything they put out in the late 90s or 00s. Any good?

Enjoy the gig mate.

Exactly how I got into all this stuff. Anthrax are on the bill too. Love it all, I prefer the earlier stuff - sign of getting old

34 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Not heard anything by them since Seasons In The Abyss, early 90s or so?

See above, all the mid 80s to early 90s is my favourite stuff

20 minutes ago, Super said:

Never heard of them? :dunno:

I did say 'cool kids', this should've been enough for you to stop reading mate.....:yawn:

7 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Exactly how I got into all this stuff. Anthrax are on the bill too. Love it all, I prefer the earlier stuff - sign of getting old

See above, all the mid 80s to early 90s is my favourite stuff

I did say 'cool kids', this should've been enough for you to stop reading mate.....:yawn:

Too noisy for my liking! 

56 minutes ago, Super said:

Too noisy for my liking! 

Ha - the Mrs and the two eldest hate it, say exactly the same

It just puts me in a good mood - that hit of drums, guitar etc, just puts a smile on my face. Very marmite though, you either love it or hate it - no middle ground

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Anthrax are on the bill too. Love it all, I prefer the earlier stuff - sign of getting old

Saw them a couple of years back at the Colston Hall supporting Motorhead. Joey's voice is shot now, but still put on one hell of a show, one of my favourite ever frontmen.

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

Saw them a couple of years back at the Colston Hall supporting Motorhead. Joey's voice is shot now, but still put on one hell of a show, one of my favourite ever frontmen.

Saw them last year, they are still fantastic

Frankie Bello is still my hero!

17 hours ago, Super said:

Never heard of them? :dunno:

Tribute band for groups like Bread (David 'Guitar Man' Gates) ...  Singers like John Denver etc.. 

If you're into Simon & Garfunkel you'd love it ...they do great covers of classics like Sound Of Silence & Homeward Bound  ... 

Get your tickets quick before they sell out..    

:devil:

4 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Tribute band for groups like Bread (David 'Guitar Man' Gates) ...  Singers like John Denver etc.. 

If you're into Simon & Garfunkel you'd love it ...they do great covers of classics like Sound Of Silence & Homeward Bound  ... 

Ooh, you bugger.

I have never heard of them, but when I read your description - Bread, JD and S&G, just my type of music - I thought that they might be worth looking in to.

Then I saw your footnote :devil:.

On 18/05/2018 at 13:06, PHILINFRANCE said:

Ooh, you bugger.

I have never heard of them, but when I read your description - Bread, JD and S&G, just my type of music - I thought that they might be worth looking in to.

Then I saw your footnote :devil:.

Ha - a Bread, JD and S&G tribute band, called SLAYER!

On 17/05/2018 at 17:58, Woodsy said:

Ha - the Mrs and the two eldest hate it, say exactly the same

It just puts me in a good mood - that hit of drums, guitar etc, just puts a smile on my face. Very marmite though, you either love it or hate it - no middle ground

I can take it or leave it .

:whistle2:

On 18/05/2018 at 08:50, WhistleHappy said:

That's as bad as an interview I heard. When Captain Sensible released 'Happy talk' a guy from a record store said he had several old ladies asking if that nice Captain had done anything else, the guy said he was very tempted to sell them a few Damned albums :laughcont:

Archived