IGNORED

Bristol Traffic...... Ahhhhhhhhhhhh !!!

Spoons

• Admin

I bloody hate it, it’s ridiculous, I now just have to inwardly laugh at the signs they say “Sorry for any convenience while we make improvements” by every set of roadworks - you know damn well that when the signs are removed and the workmen reopen the road, it will be narrower, constrict traffic flow and in some cases, quite unbelievably remove perfectly god pedestrian bridges and replace them with more bloody light controlled crossings.

I sometimes have to go from BS14 to Stoke Gifford, that journey can take 35 minutes at night or early morning and from 60-90 minutes during the day.  The other thing I can’t work out is why the traffic is so inconsistent, the same journey, if done at the same time every day for a week can vary by a large amount in the time taken.

1 hour ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I bloody hate it, it’s ridiculous, I now just have to inwardly laugh at the signs they say “Sorry for any convenience while we make improvements” by every set of roadworks - you know damn well that when the signs are removed and the workmen reopen the road, it will be narrower, constrict traffic flow and in some cases, quite unbelievably remove perfectly god pedestrian bridges and replace them with more bloody light controlled crossings.

I sometimes have to go from BS14 to Stoke Gifford, that journey can take 35 minutes at night or early morning and from 60-90 minutes during the day.  The other thing

*I can’t work out is why the traffic is so inconsistent, the same journey, if done at the same time every day for a week can vary by a large amount in the time taken.

*on slow days it's usually due to rag tag Gasheads up ahead and their pony & traps laden with pegs (clothes line usually rather than tent) lavender, holly and lucky heather, depends on time of year.  

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Hard to legislate against that

Was actually two bad accidents today - 7 car pile up north bound this morning and then a near fatal motorbike crash this afternoon on the south bound.  

Archived