IGNORED

A bit of technical help needed

T R

Sorry didn't know where to put this thread move if you need to.

The writing on the forum lately has been very faded and hard to read, quite blurred since wednesday and strains my eyes. Other websites and forums seem to be fine e.g. ziderheads. Just wondered if anyone can help correct it I'm not sure if I changed something? is it a forum setting or is it chrome?

cheers in advance

38 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

The writing on the forum lately has been very faded and hard to read, quite blurred since wednesday and strains my eyes. Other websites and forums seem to be fine e.g. ziderheads. Just wondered if anyone can help correct it I'm not sure if I changed something? is it a forum setting or is it chrome?

cheers in advance

It's been fine for me, have you tried a different browser?  I have to run at least 3 at work as some sites work with some and not others.  Auto updates can also change the settings.

Give firefox a go and see if that helps.

thanks for the response. Not sure It seems to be only this forum that is affected so dunno if an update would cause the problem. Might try a different browser will have  to try tomorrow cheers. 

Maybe tom will know something about the font for the forum too

Press CTRL+0 (zero).

It's possible you've been leaning on keys and changed the zoom level which Chrome has set for OTIB specifically.

That's the keyboard shortcut on PC for default 100% zoom. There will be a view / zoom menu option that does similar.

If it isn't this, try sitting closer to the screen when on OTIB and don't burn any candles or incense while trying to read the site.

3 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

cheers in advance

Have you installed a bullshit filter recently?  That would explain everything

38 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

Thanks guys some good humour there :laughcont:

It doesn't seem to be the zoom issue. It's more to do with the actual font and the colour of the letters. 

I know what you mean, for about an hour last week my font changed to a ‘slim’ and slightly greyer versier of the normal font. If you know how to screenshot it then add that here to show what it’s like now.

51 minutes ago, Unan said:

I know what you mean, for about an hour last week my font changed to a ‘slim’ and slightly greyer versier of the normal font. If you know how to screenshot it then add that here to show what it’s like now.

Yep that's exactly it mate

1650781629_otibchrome.thumb.png.82ffa72d7396482af3a10e12f01db7bf.png

16 hours ago, Unan said:

I don’t mean to be patronising but have you tried logging out and back in? If that doesn’t work then try clearing your cache/cookies.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

Cheers mate I tried that today but didn't work unfortunately, thanks for your help though

I'll use another browser for the forum for now

Archived