IGNORED

Best Players In League 1

Betelgeuse

Guest nillis
I was reading in the local paper this morning that Brentford have signed an ex-premiership trio of Andy Myers, Frank Sinclair and Deon Burton. They could be serious dark horses next season under Martin Allen.

Good point, Deon Burton is a great player i think. Don't think we have any big threats next season, only thing I can see getting in our way is us putting some dire performances when we need great ones.

Guest alex_mike

Hume always does well in the F.A cup but never does it in the league thanks god because he has scored some tremendous goals in the F.A cup!

Guest hairyshamrock

I think we should watch out for Peacock and (if he's ever out of the treatment room) Matthews. We all know that players that leave us always come back to bite us on the a*se! And i'm even wary of Burnell in the Cup game.

Guest hairyshamrock
Nicky Summerbee !

in this ####py division I am sure he can still beat a player and get a cross in easily !

I seem to remember against Leicester the other year in the Cup, a certain Mr Summerbee being put into row Z and the ball going a bit further by a certain Matthew Hill! I also seem to remember Belly getting in the way and ending up in my mates seat with him, spilling his coffee!

Next we'll be told that Gareth Ainsworth is worth worrying about... hang on, they'll be digging up Devon White too!

I find it funny when people fear 33 year old Jason McAteer (though I've never rated him), who'll have a huge culture shock (as will Nicky Barmby) in League One. Deon Burton was poor in this div in a winning Swindon Town team last season. Whoever mentioned Andy Myers, he's rubbish. The players to fear will be the usual names from last season plus some of the guys from the promoted teams.

Guest gutted
Just wondering if there are any players in the rest of league 1 we have to fear, I know Barmby plays for Hull, Wednesday have got a few new good players (and peacock!) and McAteer at tranmere now, any thoughts?

I don't think it matter's too much about individual player's, our problem seems to be losing to team's we SHOULD beat. There are grounds we visit that we rarely pick up much from. Tranmere,Colchester,peterboro',Brentford,Chesterfield,Hull,Huddersfield,Sheff Weds,Barnsley,Bradford,Port Vale,Walsall etc.

It would be nice to think the team could turn up for 90mins this season because last season they seemed to only play for 45mins. When they do that against the lesser teams ,who see us as a big club (in this division) and put that extra effort in to beat us , we seem to struggle to understand the need to match them for effort. So really it's not down to other teams players ,it's all a case of OUR player's having the right attitude to Battle for 90 minute's IN EVERY GAME! no matter who they are playing.

Archived