IGNORED

Roman Abramovic

myol'man

10 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

In many ways he was responsible for wrecking the England team by being the first owner to turn the Premier League into an international circus.

The tosser can whistle for his visa.

Would be quite humorous if he gets pissed off with all these sanctions and dumps Chelsea. I’m sure all their media fans and 40k every week will continue to support them!

11 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

In many ways he was responsible for wrecking the England team by being the first owner to turn the Premier League into an international circus.

I am not a fan of him but I remember watching a few Chelsea games at Stamford bridge before he came along and the likes of jimmy Floyd and Zola were already there.... also a recently retired Frenchman is probably more to blame!

http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/chelsea-fc/2003/2/

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Abramovich is how he usually spells his name in Western lettering. The suffix -vic, meaning son of, is more usual in surnames from the former Yugoslavian countries.

I don't know why that bothers me, but it does.

Apologgies too any1 hoo findz me spleling anoyin. Dont meen too ofend.

:whistle:

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Abramovich is how he usually spells his name in Western lettering. The suffix -vic, meaning son of, is more usual in surnames from the former Yugoslavian countries.

Does -vich mean the same thing in Russian or is it completely unrelated?

8 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Edited for you

X

16 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

shouldn't In many ways he was responsible for wrecking the England team by being the first owner to turn the Premier League into an international circus.

If apportioning blame shouldn't Richard Scudamore Bristol City fan (?) and Chief Executive of the EPL be more worthy?

Attacks any possibility of limiting foreign players as xenophobia, says the England team can pick players from the Championship instead of altering foreign quotas to give English players more opportunity, helped alter rules so clubs can have more foreign players, encourages foreign ownership of clubs ... And he has kept this up in very important roles in the EPL for approaching twenty years.

21 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Does -vich mean the same thing in Russian or is it completely unrelated?

Yep it is, and TBH as his birth certificate will be in Cyrillic it doesn't really matter how we write it.

However, he writes it with a -vich.

"Son of Abraham". Yes, he's a 4 be 2.

10 hours ago, Judda said:

Screenshot of arsenal squad list 2000. 3 years before Abramovic changed the game by buying foreigners!

Screenshot_20180521-101436.png

Ooh you tease! You cropped it so numbers 1 to 6 aren’t shown and 4 of them were English! Get your point though! Is it a myth or was there a point around 10 years ago when Justin Hoyte and Theo Walcott were the only Englishmen to appear in Arsenal’s premier league team and all their youth teams contained only foreign players?! I’m sure I read that somewhere at the time...

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ooh you tease! You cropped it so numbers 1 to 6 aren’t shown and 4 of them were English! Get your point though! Is it a myth or was there a point around 10 years ago when Justin Hoyte and Theo Walcott were the only Englishmen to appear in Arsenal’s premier league team and all their youth teams contained only foreign players?! I’m sure I read that somewhere at the time...

Hahaha- well spotted BS4!

It's still valid even if you correctly pointed out that it was a solid English back line then....

Archived