IGNORED

Famara 6 Game Ban (Merged)

Hazelboy

1 hour ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Spitting should be banned whether it’s directed at anyone fullstop

Constantly seeing players and managers do it every game disgusts and bemuses me 

It is not terribly civilised but when you engage in high physical activity your body excretes mucous  from the nose and mouth and unless you have several big hankerchieves up your sleeve you're never going to get rid of it all without spitting.

Most footballers do seem to have turned it into an art form though ! 

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

My thoughts too, but to then come out with unwavering support of the player after the charge is strange. Makes you think the evidence is far from conclusive. 

if it is we will no doubt appeal.

24 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Famara is a top international striker on the edges of a World Cup call up  , Senegalese, French  and English media are interested. 

Especially in this off season .

As you can imagine, personally , I am disturbed by the mismanagement of the disabled persons parking situation .

Not arguing with your sentiments, but I couldn't see the club being too bothered about the fallout from this spitting incident to the extent it moved him on at all costs, as they dont appear to give a shit about what the public thinks on any given subject !

I daresay unless the PFA gets involved the club can reasonably fine him his wages as he has made himself unemployable for 6 weeks but I guess the contract is king in such matters.

14 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Not arguing with your sentiments, but I couldn't see the club being too bothered about the fallout from this spitting incident to the extent it moved him on at all costs, as they dont appear to give a shit about what the public thinks on any given subject !

I daresay unless the PFA gets involved the club can reasonably fine him his wages as he has made himself unemployable for 6 weeks but I guess the contract is king in such matters.

When Masuaku of West Ham was guilty of the same thing a few months back, they were only allowed to fine him 2 weeks wages. They wanted to hand out a bigger punishment but were bound by the terms of his contract.

Big call , but if you are SL do you now hold out on Bobby Reid and say sorry you’re not going until Jan and risk losing a substantial fee

Sounds OTT but

If we start poorly next season LJ , and SL are going to be under massive pressure

Big Call now and maybe LJs most crucial 2 months of his managerial career to date IMHO 

Problem for him is its all about the recruitment now that may ultimately decide his destiny here , and as we know others are involved in that process

Some big decisions coming ,  and some telling times  

unfortunately we have as supporters have zilch influence and can only look on from behind the fence  :blink:

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Big call , but if you are SL do you now hold out on Bobby Reid and say sorry you’re not going until Jan and risk losing a substantial fee

Sounds OTT but

If we start poorly next season LJ , and SL are going to be under massive pressure

Big Call now and maybe LJs most crucial 2 months of his managerial career to date IMHO 

Problem for him is its all about the recruitment now that may ultimately decide his destiny here , and as we know others are involved in that process

Some big decisions coming ,  and some telling times  

unfortunately we have as supporters have zilch influence and can only look on from behind the fence  :blink:

Knowing this club we will probably bring Diony back.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yes because that’s the same as 30 seconds before an elite athletic event. What a bizarre analogy. 

Silly from Pato but clearly no intention of disrespect. He’s just on auto pilot moments before a game. 

It was deliberately a silly analogy but no more silly than you linking Paterson with an elite athletic event, that is something I would love to see.

As for the last sentence you make your claim as if you know that to be a fact, if 'elite athlete Paterson' cannot control his spitting not once but twice for 1 minute something is sadly wrong.

Maybe he has Steve Ovett's Pseudo asthma where his body produces more phlegm than it can deal with, that might account for his piss poor 4 months? (yes I know that's silly as well).

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

It was deliberately a silly analogy but no more silly than you linking Paterson with an elite athletic event, that is something I would love to see.

As for the last sentence you make your claim as if you know that to be a fact, if 'elite athlete Paterson' cannot control his spitting not once but twice for 1 minute something is sadly wrong.

It’s the second highest level of professional football in the country, so of course it is.

As I say not the brightest of moves - he could have held it in for 60 seconds - but hardly anything to get worked up about. At that point in time his mind would have been 100% on the match and be in autopilot you’d expect.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s the second highest level of professional football in the country, so of course it is.

As I say not the brightest of moves - he could have held it in for 60 seconds - but hardly anything to get worked up about. At that point in time his mind would have been 100% on the match and be in autopilot you’d expect.

it really doesn't look great when paying respect to a City legend neither is the laughing by Flint. 

3 minutes ago, Super said:

it really doesn't look great when paying respect to a City legend neither is the laughing by Flint. 

Agreed, it’s silly. Just pointing out that it’s notmal for players to clear themselves of excess saliva pre and during games, it’s something that’s so much part of the game that it’s almost automatic, the same way we breathe, or cough, or scratch an itch without consciously thinking to do it  

Laughing during a minutes respect is the more bizarre one. 

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

His fee and playing record mean nothing if he is guilty of this vile act...

Correct.

As I clarified in a later post - I am in no way at all condoning this abhorrent act. no place for it at all at AG or in the game.

I took issue with the poster I quoted saying he should leave the club - what an over reaction

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

While I agree with the sentiment, I think SL might bring up 6 Million reasons why this won't happen BS4.

Obviously won't sack him but he could be transfer listed.

15 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

While I agree with the sentiment, I think SL might bring up 6 Million reasons why this won't happen BS4.

IF this were to happen, would very much disagree with it. Becoming increasingly clear we're just a toy to SL, his way or the highway... but that's getting off topic and well covered in other threads

Never really understood the outrage about spitting tbh. Maybe I'm on my own but I certainly wouldn't be that bothered if someone spat at me.

Think transfer listing or demanding a player leave the club because they spat once is a massive overreaction.

44 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Never really understood the outrage about spitting tbh. Maybe I'm on my own but I certainly wouldn't be that bothered if someone spat at me.

Think transfer listing or demanding a player leave the club because they spat once is a massive overreaction.

It’s a horrible thing to do and rightly condemned. Ban and a fine absolutely bit transfer listed or sacked for it? Behave. 

You see players commit fouls with only one intention - seriously injuring a fellow pro. You see fellow pros deliberately attempt to cheat their fellow pros multiple times every single game.

And more furore is caused over someone having a momentary loss of judgement and doing this. 

It’s abhorrent and should rightly be punished severely if proven but calls for transfer listing/sacking is a massive overreaction. 

Strange. But I remember seeing it. I thought at the time " did Fam just spit at him".

I was jet lagged and on the cider all day. I just thought my eyes decieved me. Nah I thought. He wouldn't do such a thing. 

However perhaps not. 

Disgusting though. 

Stevo

54 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I can't agree with the first comment ZE, if someone spat at me or one of mine I would be apoplectic! :boxing:

As for the 2nd bit, I haven't said he should be transferred, nor do I want him listed, just that it wouldn't surprise me if he were listed because of this. All about the purity and reputation of 'the brand'! Utter hogwash I know but it wouldn't surprise me if the shiny suited one has an ego big enough to do something that daft IMHO. :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I can't agree with the first comment ZE, if someone spat at me or one of mine I would be apoplectic! :boxing:

As for the 2nd bit, I haven't said he should be transferred, nor do I want him listed, just that it wouldn't surprise me if he were listed because of this. All about the purity and reputation of 'the brand'! Utter hogwash I know but it wouldn't surprise me if the shiny suited one has an ego big enough to do something that daft IMHO. :dunno: 

Aye wouldn't surprise me either.

What with him saying that he's got links in the PL and Turkey, it's almost like we knew this report was going to come out, he's been told he's being moved on, and it's not quite as big a surprise as the club are making out.

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Aye wouldn't surprise me either.

What with him saying that he's got links in the PL and Turkey, it's almost like we knew this report was going to come out, he's been told he's being moved on, and it's not quite as big a surprise as the club are making out.

A possibility IMHO ZE, not by any means an assumption but a possibility. Maybe I'm miles off. 

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

How about if someone spat on one of your children?

Archived