IGNORED

Ryan Burge - Port Vale Legend

The Batman

People reading this have probably never heard of him - I hadn't until the other day.

He has played for such high profile clubs, such as Worcester City, Hyde, Sutton United and Eastleigh.

But it was at Port Vale where he made a real name for himself. Playing 30 games over two years, scoring two goals and gained Vale a 3rd place promotion in the 2012-2013 season from League 2.

I discovered him on twitter - his handle is @ portvalelegend. I thought it was a fan who set up a parody, but it actually is him. He is quite frankly the most hilarious person when it comes to his *cough* footballing ability.

You'd think with the mouth on him, you'd struggle to see the difference between him and Iniesta on the football field.

It's just so cringe-worthy.

As per his wikipedia page though, he has history when it comes to Bristol.

However, on 12 March 2013 he missed a pre-match team meal, but claimed he made his own way for the match against Bristol Rovers, only to be informed that he was not in the matchday squad when he was just five minutes away from Bristol.[41] He took to Twitter to put his side of the story across, and an angry Micky Adams responded by saying Burge's tweets were "absolute nonsense and he's going to be disciplined".[42] Burge was suspended for two weeks for breaking the club's "social media guidelines" after club management claimed he refused to apologise for the incident.[43] On 12 April 2013, with three games left of the season, Burge left the club by mutual consent.[44] Club chairman Paul Wildes stated that "this has been a difficult decision for both parties".[45] Vale secured promotion into League One at the end of the 2012–13 season, and users of fan site One Vale Fan voted him their Player of the Season.[46]

"... From the moment we told the manager this [that he was waiting to consider other options before signing a new contract offered by chairman Paul Wildes], I never played for the club again. We had a game against Bristol Rovers and I, like some of the other players, had agreed to be picked up by the team bus at a service station on the way. However, I received a message from the manager saying he was refusing to pick me up, and that I should make my f***** own way there. I was left stranded, however, I managed to get a lift, I was five minutes from the team hotel two hours before kick off, and got a call telling me to go home I am now playing in the reserves tomorrow. I was understandably not happy so I wrote a tweet, then after the match the manager told the media I didn't turn up. I have wrongfully been given stick for this ever since. But hopefully this clears things up."

— In November 2015, Burge released a statement and stated that "I was happy to move on and keep quiet about this but due to the manager breaching an agreement we have in place I have been left with no other alternative than to speak out"

Give him a follow if you're on twitter.

33 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

He must have a screw loose.

Sold the naming rights of his 'fashion label' to Pearl Jam. Not because it was a decent brand but because the name had an association for their fans.

Total fruit loop with more than a bucketload of bitterness. I would be seriously unimpressed if he was our ex-player.

https://mobile.twitter.com/portvalelegend

Archived