IGNORED

Fancy watching the Champions League final at Ashton Gate?

Unan

On 23/05/2018 at 14:31, JasonM88 said:

Umm. It’s a football ground. Yearly event? If I remember correctly there is a champions league final every single ******* year. What’s going to bring in more money, hundreds of football fans at a bar, or a vegan festival? 

I would imagine that the vegan thing will bring in a lot more money than a few people, maybe, going along to watch a European fixture that will be available to watch in most pubs around Europe.

Seeing as you asked..!

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I would imagine that the vegan thing will bring in a lot more money than a few people, maybe, going along to watch a European fixture that will be available to watch in most pubs around Europe.

Seeing as you asked..!

Possibly but vegetarian/veganism is very much of minority interest so I doubt holding vegfest would be much of a money spinner for City.

How many thousands would you expect to be attracted to it?

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Seeing as you asked..!

Not only that but the final is available free on YouTube via BT. 

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Possibly but vegetarian/veganism is very much of minority interest so I doubt holding vegfest would be much of a money spinner for City.

How many thousands would you expect to be attracted to it?

You are aware that Ashton Gate is also a conference & events venue..?

I would rather cut my left testicle off than spend the day around a load of vegans, personally..!

However, I would think that what appears to be quite a big event in the organic lettuce eating calendar,  will probably attract several thousand people. 

Throughout the summer there will probably be wedding fares, business expo’s, amongst many other things - all bringing in money and introducing thousands of new people to Ashton Gate, as a venue. 

I’m just gutted that we haven’t heard of the opportunity to watch Home Alone in the car park from our cars. That would be genius..! 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You are aware that Ashton Gate is also a conference & events venue..?

I would rather cut my left testicle off than spend the day around a load of vegans, personally..!

However, I would think that what appears to be quite a big event in the organic lettuce eating calendar,  will probably attract several thousand people. 

Throughout the summer there will probably be wedding fares, business expo’s, amongst many other things - all bringing in money and introducing thousands of new people to Ashton Gate, as a venue. 

I’m just gutted that we haven’t heard of the opportunity to watch Home Alone in the car park from our cars. That would be genius..! 

Yes, I am aware but veggies account for 2% of the population and many of these are transient veggie teenagers who quickly revert to eating meat.

I don't think the numbers likely to attend make AG a worthy venue, but we'll see, maybe the bands will get a decent number in even if the food stalls on offer are not an attraction to many.

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yes, I am aware but veggies account for 2% of the population and many of these are transient veggie teenagers who quickly revert to eating meat.

I don't think the numbers likely to attend make AG a worthy venue, but we'll see, maybe the bands will get a decent number in even if the food stalls on offer are not an attraction to many.

A quick google search suggests that 1 in 8 adults have turned veggie. Probably only until they smell a bacon sandwich, but it’s a growing “fad”. Sadly one that attracts grown men to put on a pair of tights and get in the way of cars on the road, in the name of being a ****/cyclist..!

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

A quick google search suggests that 1 in 8 adults have turned veggie. Probably only until they smell a bacon sandwich, but it’s a growing “fad”. Sadly one that attracts grown men to put on a pair of tights and get in the way of cars on the road, in the name of being a ****/cyclist..!

Nonsense, have a longer search, it's 1 in 50, and not growing despite massive publicity.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Nonsense, have a longer search, it's 1 in 50, and not growing despite massive publicity.

Good! At least that restores a little more faith in the human race..! 

So vegans are about as common, in Bristol, as Rovers fans then..?! 

It's estimated that around 2% of the UK population is vegetarian, which is more than 1.2 million people. Teenagers make up the highest proportion. Vegans are thought to make up less than 1% of the population, according to the National Diet and Nutrition Survey

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The expected crowd is somewhere between 10-12000. So a big Rovers crowd in essence so yeah it’s not too well supported  :whistle:

On 23/05/2018 at 14:31, JasonM88 said:

Umm. It’s a football ground. Yearly event? If I remember correctly there is a champions league final every single ******* year. What’s going to bring in more money, hundreds of football fans at a bar, or a vegan festival? 

Would guess that the promoters of VegFest have paid a fixed fee to rent the space at Ashton Gate and they hope to recoup their outlay from ticket sales and exhibitors paying a premium to display their produce.

So yes. The club get a hefty fee for renting out space and the benefit of being able to sell a captive audience beer all day at a price that probably makes them even more money.

No one turns up or it rains all day, can't imagine the club will care, glorious day and thirsty punters everywhere, bonus.

26 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Would guess that the promoters of VegFest have paid a fixed fee to rent the space at Ashton Gate and they hope to recoup their outlay from ticket sales and exhibitors paying a premium to display their produce.

So yes. The club get a hefty fee for renting out space and the benefit of being able to sell a captive audience beer all day at a price that probably makes them even more money.

No one turns up or it rains all day, can't imagine the club will care, glorious day and thirsty punters everywhere, bonus.

There wouldn`t be anyone making a fuss if the final was Valencia v Borussia Dortmund.

A few just like to beat the club with any stick that comes to hand, no matter how tenuous. I doubt anyone complaining had any intention of going within a mile of AG tonight.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

There wouldn`t be anyone making a fuss if the final was Valencia v Borussia Dortmund.

A few just like to beat the club with any stick that comes to hand, no matter how tenuous. I doubt anyone complaining had any intention of going within a mile of AG tonight.

Today they can beat the club with a carrot stick.

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

All over for vegfest in Bristol, 'not self-sustainable on a financial level and hasn't been since it's inception in 2003.'

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/vegan-festival-vegfest-leaves-bristol-2051565

Something wrong if a festival celebrating a self sustaining dietary lifestyle isn't self sustaining.

Anyone for a bacon sandwich?

Archived