IGNORED

Summer tours 2018. Cricket.

EmissionImpossible

9 hours ago, hodge said:

The other kicker, Ali has played one 4 day game this summer so its not like he's knocking out runs in the longer format, Bess has averaged 30 in 4 day cricket not to mention his batting in tests.

You mean the game against Somerset when he took 8 wickets?  How many wickets did Bess and Leach get??  

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

It's Somerset's fault and one imagines Mr Bess will be offski after being left out of the last game.  I'd be furious if I were him

Honestly surprised we didn't play both, you'd have to think most pitches around will be turning days 3 and 4 given recent weather. 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Honestly surprised we didn't play both, you'd have to think most pitches around will be turning days 3 and 4 given recent weather. 

You won though so it was justified.  if Bess had played and done well, he would be in the England squad...

5 minutes ago, The Bard said:

You won though so it was justified.  if Bess had played and done well, he would be in the England squad...

The sceptic in me says he still wouldn't be, Bess and Leach are practising with the squad though so hopefully he can show he's worth recalling. 

55 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Bess scored 185 for the 2nds was it? 

Rashid hasn’t played any FC for 12 months so how does that work? Ed Smith and his bunch of muppets were picking him come what may. 

The wicket at Worcester was clearly not a turner as was highlighted in Jamie taking 8 wickets.  

8 hours ago, The Bard said:

It's Somerset's fault and one imagines Mr Bess will be offski after being left out of the last game.  I'd be furious if I were him

Somerset have to pick their teams to win matches, their selection was vindicated by the result. They're lucky to have two spinners and sometimes one has to miss out.

I would have far less of a problem with Leach and Bess being left out in favour of someone who had actually been playing four day. If England fancied either as their long-term option they'd be in regardless of form.

Just watched the run out, Root hasn't run the first one hard until he's about 2/3 rds the way down, presumably when he's got the call from Bairstow for 2, JB set off quickly and you can see they crossed over half way down the wicket due to Bairstow running hard. Why didn't Root call no early for the second if he didn't think it was on? Pair of them at fault for it.

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not sure I can recall Stokes with this ‘zip’

:blink:

:clap:

Really bending his back

Point to prove before his trial ?

Or have the Indians p******d him off ? :whistle2:

Haircut I reckon!

45 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Kohli, a proper captain, doesn't get to 50 then get ran out like Mullhaq.. 

Melan dropping him on 20 odd cost us a 150+ lead I reckon! :facepalm:

Archived