IGNORED

Rafa Benitez with Guilem Balaque

BobBobSuperBob

Heard this interview with Rafa on Talksport tonight , by the excellent Guillem Balaque

Found it interesting and Rafa comes across as very measured , totally confident in what he’s doing and generally very impressive

Thought it worth posting as Well worth a watch 

Makes an interesting point about the use of data and information and keeping messages for players simple

39 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Rafa is a top, top manager....won La Liga twice with Valencia leaving Barca and Real Madrid way behind...an incredible achievement, before he won the champions league etc....I’m really surprised Arsenal didn’t swoop for him....

Took the words out my mouth 

:thumbsup:

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Rafa is a top, top manager....won La Liga twice with Valencia leaving Barca and Real Madrid way behind...an incredible achievement, before he won the champions league etc....I’m really surprised Arsenal didn’t swoop for him....

Big club reputation tarnished by his spells in milan and Madrid maybe? But agree surprised he didn’t ever seem to be considered particularly when they have plumped for emery who has no pl experience.

always comes across as a knowledgeable tactician and very decent chap

Makes an interesting point about the use of data and information and keeping messages for players simple

Interestingly, I read a footballers autobiography - could have been Craig Bellamy’s or maybe Carragher’s - which said Benitez was actually very poor at getting simple messages across.

Apparently he used to spend inordinate amounts of time in training combing over minute details in a very technical way which used to switch players off. 

Eventually though the players started to listen and put what he was saying into practice - success followed. He compared it to Houllier which was an exciting side to play in, but felt like everything was built on sand with more disorganisation.

55 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

0bythe excellent Guillem Balaque

:blink: the bloke knows **** all & is a blaggard.

stole a living stating the obvious & because he’s Spanish :laugh:.

Rather listen to Robbo 

Harsh and not true in my opinion....Balague is a longstanding journalist who’s written for many newspapers throughout Spain and the UK, including The Times and The Observer and his column in The Metro discussing continental football, he’s written books on top coaches and players including Guardiola, Messi (his authorised biography), Ronaldo, Pochettino and Benitez, he got his football coaching licence in 2013, he’s a director of a non league club in this country, he’s produced renowned podcasts on our game and he’s working on a football documentary for tv.....I don’t think he could wing all that ‘because he’s spanish’....and ‘knows **** all’....

1 hour ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

0bythe excellent Guillem Balaque

:blink: the bloke knows ****

all & is a blaggard.

stole a living stating the obvious & because he’s Spanish :laugh:.

Rather listen to Robbo 

Bit like to poster on here who ranted how the Club had tried it on with Famaras spitting charge and got his ban increased to 6 games 

Without the basic understanding that six games is actually the mandatory ban 

ehhhhhhh

:yawn:

Tip

Ballaques podcasts are very good with some excellent guests - you may learn quite a bit if you listened to them

Archived