IGNORED

Billy Wedlock

Ivorguy

Having mentioned Wedlock on another thread, and then being challenged about how I could say he was great, I replied that I spoke with my grandfather and a father of a friend who saw him play many times as well as in Cup Final, I am wondering now if other Robins were also told about him from those who saw him play?

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Having mentioned Wedlock on another thread, and then being challenged about how I could say he was great, I replied that I spoke with my grandfather and a father of a friend who saw him play many times as well as in Cup Final, I am wondering now if other Robins were also told about him from those who saw him play?

My father saw him play several times. Dad lived in the Rhondda Valley in Glamorgan but his father had been born in Claverham. 

The family used to come to Bristol by paddle steamer and visit Grandads brother in Coronation Road. 

If City were at home, and all the males went to Ashton Gate. Time scale from 1908 to around 1920.

Dad told me that Billy was a top quality player, amazing leap for aerial challenges, never seemed to be in a hurry. 

When Dad moved to Bristol in 1935, he of course went to City games in preference to the other lot. 

Archived