IGNORED

Our keeper and back four next season

Agard Days Night

6 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Derrick Williams has plenty of experience. Proven winner and only getting better. 

Zak Vyner excelled at Plymouth and will be ready. Future City captain.

Taylor Moore has a more diverse background and experience than any recent defensive acquisitions. Raring to go.

Lloyd Kelly hasn’t got in the England set up by mistake. Quality and confidence beyond his years.

‘’You’ll never win anything with kids’’

Nothing worse than a player who was part of a promotion winning team being described as a “proven winner”. Such a load of guff.

He was one player out of 11 in a team coming up from the division below. It means he’s good enough to be part of a successful third tier team. It doesn’t mean he is the good enough for a Championship promotion side, which must now be the minimum standard for any new recruit.

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Always liked Williams......I’d suggest LJ was hasty in getting rid of him.....

Totally agree....Williams, Ayling, Cunningham.....we’ve recently binned off some fine versatile defenders way too soon....and, yes I know Cunningham left before LJ was our manager, but the point stands....

11 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Very real chance actually. 

To play where? LCB in a 4, LCB in a 3, LB in a 4, LWB (his worst of the 4) in a 3/5?

6 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Derrick Williams has plenty of experience. Proven winner and only getting better. 

Zak Vyner excelled at Plymouth and will be ready. Future City captain.

Taylor Moore has a more diverse background and experience than any recent defensive acquisitions. Raring to go.

Lloyd Kelly hasn’t got in the England set up by mistake. Quality and confidence beyond his years.

‘’You’ll never win anything with kids’’

I’d take Derrick back (depending on fee, etc),  got best years ahead of him as a defender.  Would be a serious misjudgement by LJ though.

I don’t agree that a back 4 as you suggest in 18/19 would do well....would see opposition teams go physical against us, and we’d struggle. Imho!

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t agree that a back 4 as you suggest in 18/19 would do well....would see opposition teams go physical against us, and we’d struggle. Imho!

But would we concede more than two goals every single game and be relegated before Christmas as the OTIB police would have you believe? 

Archived