IGNORED

Multi-Story Car Park at Ashton Gate

myol'man

17 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

They could learn something from Bristol airport. Everything seems to fly through planning permision. New hotel, multi story car park phase one completed, new technical buildings and new fire station. Other side of the airport thousands of new car parking spaces and a new bus service with station and improved access roads and soon the old airport buildings will be demolished for new buildings to go up. The way things are going up there they're gonna need a 2nd runway soon

Its the local airport. It's bound to get stuff hurried through. 

22 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

They could learn something from Bristol airport. Everything seems to fly through planning permision. New hotel, multi story car park phase one completed, new technical buildings and new fire station. Other side of the airport thousands of new car parking spaces and a new bus service with station and improved access roads and soon the old airport buildings will be demolished for new buildings to go up. The way things are going up there they're gonna need a 2nd runway soon

Or a bigger boat

On 30/05/2018 at 16:28, BigTone said:

One day SL calls down to LJ and says, “LJ me old china, I want you to make me a new Ark”. LJ replies, “No probs SL, me old Supreme Being anything you want after all you’re the guv’. But SL interrupts, “Ah, but there’s a catch. This time LJ, I want not just a couple of decks, I want 20 decks one on top of the other”.

20 DECKS!”, screams LJ. “Well, OK Big Man, whatever you say. Should I fill it up with all the animals just like last time?”

Yep, that’s right, well . .. sort of right . .. this time I want you to fill it up with fish”, SL answers.

Fish?”, queries LJ.

“Yep, fish. . .well, to make it more specific LJ, I want carp – wall to wall, floor to ceiling -Carp!”

LJ looks to the skies. “OK SL my old mucker, let me get this right, you want a New Ark?”

“Check”.

“With 20 decks, one on top of the other?”

“Check”.

“And you want it full of Carp?”.

“Check”.

“Why?” asks the perplexed LJ, who was slowly but surely getting to the end of his tether.

Dunno”, says SL, “I just fancied a Multi-Storey Carp Ark”

Tone. Did you work this out in your lunch break? You're wasted on here. You should be in show business writing gags for somebody like Michael McIntyre. 

29 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Tone. Did you work this out in your lunch break? You're wasted on here. You should be in show business writing gags for somebody like Michael McIntyre. 

What's a lunch break ?  Thanks all the same :wub:

On 30/05/2018 at 15:26, View from the Dolman said:

Land owned by Esteban Investments based on the Land Registry's open data....

Title Number: AV106717 - Cumberland House, Marsh Road, Bristol - price paid: £2,600,000 03/03/2014

Title Number: AV6615 - Ashton Works, Winterstoke Road, Bristol - price paid: £6,825,000 16/09/2015

Title Number: AV105479 - land and buildings on the South East side of Marsh Road, Ashton, Bristol - price paid: not stated 10/03/2016

Title Number: AV67007 - Midas House, Winterstoke Road, Bristol - price paid: £2,000,000 06/04/2017

Impressive work, god knows how you have worked that out?!?

impressive spending by sl too... he has the means to have the bristol arena built on that land, putting the basketball team in there, but also using it as the main city arena for shows/ gigs etc. Just depends on the idiot council to give the ok for it to go ahead. If its existing industrial use land, presumably the environmental concerns are limited. Could be even more impressive in 10 years time down there than it is now i reckon?!

no sign of any ashton road houses being acquired though at this point?? I could imagine the council not looking favourably at demolishing houses due to the desire to build even more new ones, but also, it will affect the view from the park?!

Interesting too that the stadium build was being done at the same time as the land was being bought out... makes me wonder if they could have held off for a few years and built the new stadium away from the ashton road houses, and the delboy flats, and therefore given them selves more development foot print for the future, kinda like the new white hart lane. Im sure the arena could have been incorporated somehow, on one side of the stadium?

39 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Interesting too that the stadium build was being done at the same time as the land was being bought out... makes me wonder if they could have held off for a few years and built the new stadium away from the ashton road houses, and the delboy flats, and therefore given them selves more development foot print for the future, kinda like the new white hart lane. Im sure the arena could have been incorporated somehow, on one side of the stadium?

It still can be incorporated, just link the concourses across the brook at first floor level.

There could be integrated flats, overlooking the park, built into the rear of the stand.  Three floors of two bed flats would be worth a pretty penny and compensate for the loss of houses.

2 hours ago, simon uk said:

Impressive work, god knows how you have worked that out?!?

You can download a huge 1GB CSV file if you register for the Land Registry's commercial and corporate ownership data (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/hm-land-registry-commercial-and-corporate-ownership-data).

Then it's just a case of searching (using a text editor I'd suggest rather than a spreadsheet app) for Esteban Investments (or any other company that gets your attention!)

Anyone can register via https://data.landregistry.gov.uk/

Archived