IGNORED

Leeds Manager

RUSSEL85

18 minutes ago, chinapig said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/01/leeds-sack-paul-heckingbottom

Bielsa is, or was, one of the best. Guardiola among others cites him as one of his inspirations.

I loved watching his Athletic Bilbao and Chile sides especially but I wonder if his heart is in the job these days, as the Lille example suggests.

He works his players harder than anybody but the intensity is so great they have a tendency to burn out.

Still it would be great to have him in the Championship.

Bielsa would be a perfect fit for Leeds. The man’s off his trolley. 

Lack of stability still spells crazy, although in fairness, the fans wanted Heckingbottom out & the board have acted to remove him now. Yet another mistake made in the first instance. Still, when things are not right then most would rather the club makes the change.

I think there is a bigger picture here overall with their recent tie-up with the American franchise. Rumoured lifting of salary cap & increased investment just may signal a concerted effort to go for promotion this year. Certainly, if the appointment of Biesla happens then whatever his recent record may suggest, then that would be a massive statement of intent for a club in the championship. His contact list must be pretty long & you would think he would be a big draw for players & particularly loans from the big PL sides given that he is revered by the likes of Pep & Poch.

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

why? they are massive and have a divine right to be in the top flight,

champions league quarter finalist don't ya know

You say that, but I'm sure Leeds would have taken more :flex::blink:

50 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

fixed that for you

Well, inasmuch as my version implies that there is a multitude of candidates to choose from, whereas yours reduces the possible number to one, I'm not so sure I'd call that a fix. More of a downgrade.

25 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Or a job for Heckinbottom as a coach at City? 

He had the chance before and turned it down. Not likely to want to return to an assistant role now, more likely will end up at a small League 1 or 2 side in due course.

3 hours ago, chinapig said:

He had the chance before and turned it down. Not likely to want to return to an assistant role now, more likely will end up at a small League 1 or 2 side in due course.

That was Tommy ‘Cross my palm with silver’ Wright , not Heckingbottam

In fairness to us.

According to the Mexico manager he met Bielsa 3 weeks ago and Bielsa was already talking about the Leeds job with him, so this has been in the works for a while. 

Could go horribly wrong if he comes, or he could be perfect for us, inmate running the asylum sort of thing. 

For his reputation amongst his peers, for his contacts, (Diego Simeone, Mauricio Pochettino and Pep Guardiola consider him a mentor, father figure and the best in the world according to Pep). He is worth it.

A tactical innovator whose ideas are used by almost all of the best club sides, a loony whose unpredictability has certainly been the reason he hasnt got the top jobs. 

Considering some of the dullards we get linked with every sacking (hello Mick McCarthy)  this is a welcome change :clapping:

On Monday we welcome . . . . .Steve Bruce :badmood:

3 hours ago, Cjay said:

In fairness to us.

According to the Mexico manager he met Bielsa 3 weeks ago and Bielsa was already talking about the Leeds job with him, so this has been in the works for a while. 

Could go horribly wrong if he comes, or he could be perfect for us, inmate running the asylum sort of thing. 

For his reputation amongst his peers, for his contacts, (Diego Simeone, Mauricio Pochettino and Pep Guardiola consider him a mentor, father figure and the best in the world according to Pep). He is worth it.

A tactical innovator whose ideas are used by almost all of the best club sides, a loony whose unpredictability has certainly been the reason he hasnt got the top jobs. 

Considering some of the dullards we get linked with every sacking (hello Mick McCarthy)  this is a welcome change :clapping:

On Monday we welcome . . . . .Steve Bruce :badmood:

Bielsa would probably last 6 months before exploding but it would be great to have him around. Bruce it is then. ;)

As to Mick, he is a positively exciting option for some of our fans. :yes:

19 hours ago, chinapig said:

Bielsa would probably last 6 months before exploding but it would be great to have him around. Bruce it is then. ;)

Everything points to Bielsa coming, as a Leeds fan i am wired to expect the absolute opposite.

Steve Bruce to be our new manager, Mick as Director of Football.

Ryan Giggs to handle PR.

There appears to be this innate character flaw with Italian born football club owners to hire and fire at will; I wrongly assumed that when that other fella left this new fella, purely by being a new fella, would settle things down. Like all his managerial appointments since arriving, how many already 2 or 3?, the Bielsa one is another off field choice, should it happen. Invariably off field choices usually go pear shaped in rather quick fashion. Leeds truly are continuing to be the quintessential basket case club. 

Steve Bruce would be an infinitely better choice than Bielsa but unless Xia has a trigger happy moment, entirely possible, he will stay at Villa. I think McCarthy would be a better choice as well; he would have Leeds in or around the play offs. Bielsa might have them top by Christmas or bottom by January and that former small possibility is probably what will sway the easily led owner. Its rarely dull at Elland Road.

On 02/06/2018 at 23:39, Cjay said:

On 03/06/2018 at 03:20, chinapig said:

More clueless, petty criticism of Mick - a very, very successful manager at Championship level.....

26 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

More clueless, petty criticism of Mick - a very, very successful manager at Championship level.....

And certainly a serious upgrade on all the numerous managers  Leeds have appointed over last 5 years or more !!!! 

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He is successful to a point.

2 promotions, last one being a decade ago.

Would you want him ? 

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And certainly a serious upgrade on all the numerous managers  Leeds have appointed over last 5 years or more !!!! 

Cant go past 5 years, we had Neil Warnock 5 years ago. 

I wouldn't want Mick, his football is awful, he would annoy the fan base, he wouldnt fit into this partnership with the 49ers.

Besides, Mick's last promotion was a decade ago, no serious promotion contenders took him off Ipswich in the last 5 years, for all the "he did a good job at Ipswich" he didnt actually achieve anything of note. 

Archived