IGNORED

Green cards

littlered

What are people's thoughts on the green cards CONIFA are issuing in their World Cup? Comes somewhere between a red and yellow. Player is sent off but can be replaced if they have any subs left, and they are not excluded from the next match. Will it take off? I don't think so.:dunno:

www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/12010/11393393/referee-shows-green-card-in-conifa-world-football-cup-match

I'm sure the last time there was speak of a green card being issued was in italy a few years ago, for good behaviour!! Not a fan of either scheme myself.

Not sure why green..? Clearer difference than Orange I guess. 

In theory it’s a good idea and been needed for ages, but I’m sure they will manage to make a farce of it.

I always thought that 15/20 mins in a “sin bin” would be appropriate punishment for such a change.  

24 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

In theory it’s a good idea and been needed for ages, but I’m sure they will manage to make a farce of it.

I always thought that 15/20 mins in a “sin bin” would be appropriate punishment for such a change.  

Sin binning in football would be in an interesting idea but how often do you see a side go down to 10 men suffer badly over a long period? They sit in and defend, how would it effect the game as a spectacle if it occurred regularly.

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

So if you get sent off 10 minutes in, you’re just substituted for another player?

Seems a bit pointless that in my opinion

From what I gather the offence has to be one of dissent/simulation/diving. Which IMO has been spoiling the game for years. Don’t think it will make a blind bit of difference though. Can you imagine watching the VAR back and being issued a green card? Putting food waste in the main rubbish posts more serious consequences 

32 minutes ago, hodge said:

Sin binning in football would be in an interesting idea but how often do you see a side go down to 10 men suffer badly over a long period? They sit in and defend, how would it effect the game as a spectacle if it occurred regularly.

True. It’s hard to know what the ideal solution is, but there certainly needs to be something. 

You used to basically have to punch a player to get booked, now you just need to fart within 5 yards of them, so the 2 bookings rule is well out dated. 

24 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

True. It’s hard to know what the ideal solution is, but there certainly needs to be something. 

You used to basically have to punch a player to get booked, now you just need to fart within 5 yards of them, so the 2 bookings rule is well out dated. 

Think it would be worth trying out in competitions like the confederations cup, club winners cup or whatever it is etc. 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Stupid idea .

A simple game made more and more complicated by stupid rules and stats.

Bang on.

Wonder how long it'll take before the footballing world just turns around and sacks off all the rules that overcomplicate what is a very very simple game. Put the ball in that net, stop the other lot from putting it in yours. Not exactly brain surgery is it?

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

It might make you go green, but it's actually a red card offence.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/22/swedish-footballer-sent-off-for-farting-during-match

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Sin bin would be better, short time penalty and play with 10 men. So many games ruined by early sending offs and suspensions 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Without thinking about it too hard, I quite like the thought behind it.....punish the player in the actual match he’s committed the offence, and eases a bit of pressure on the ref, who might think it’s not quite a red.  I’d probably add a 1-match ban for good measure.

The problem with the sin bin is that the clock doesn’t stop so the team with 10, just waste time excessively.

Probably needs a bit more thinking, but concept is good.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Without thinking about it too hard, I quite like the thought behind it.....punish the player in the actual match he’s committed the offence, and eases a bit of pressure on the ref, who might think it’s not quite a red.  I’d probably add a 1-match ban for good measure.

The problem with the sin bin is that the clock doesn’t stop so the team with 10, just waste time excessively.

Probably needs a bit more thinking, but concept is good.

I am totally in favour of the idea of a 10 minute sin-bin; as you say, punish the player in the match in which he commits the offence and, of equal importance, recompense the team against whom he has actually committed the offence, rather than the team against whom he would have played in a few weeks time.

Re. time wasting, one would hope that a competent referee would be alert to this.

17 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Or be accused of spitting with no recourse to appeal, weeks after the event... :whistle: .

Seriously though, I think it would be useful if a referee sees a player getting the red mist and is worried about the safety of others on the pitch. 

15 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am totally in favour of the idea of a 10 minute sin-bin; as you say, punish the player in the match in which he commits the offence and, of equal importance, recompense the team against whom he has actually committed the offence, rather than the team against whom he would have played in a few weeks time.

Re. time wasting, one would hope that a competent referee would be alert to this.

And therein lies the problem!

Archived