IGNORED

Your the boss who do you want to sign?

barneyrubble

2 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Heard we were interested but not pursuing it.

Also, looks like Cunningham’s off to Cardiff.

Not signing new deal and with Prem on offer expect he’ll go there.

Not a player I like , but a good player and done well for himself Tbf 

On 05/06/2018 at 07:30, Phileas Fogg said:

Admittedly he was my fantasy suggestion - mainly because I’ve always loved those left backs like Roberto Carlos and Ian Harte who are really dangerous from dead ball situations! 

Our only hope of getting someone like him would be if Wolves radically strengthened and left him surplus.. but even then we’d be in competition with loads of others. 

Leeds have had a bid accepted. Wolves fans can't believe it!

We should 100% go in for him now we know he's been deemed surplus (ignore my earlier comments on the thread) :whistle2:

Especially if they're interested in Bryan, chuck him in the deal. 

7 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

We should 100% go in for him now we know he's been deemed surplus (ignore my earlier comments on the thread) :whistle2:

I did wonder whether he'd end up being a victim of Wolves riches. Almost every promoted club would keep someone of his quality, just that Wolves can afford to strengthen.

Bit surprised if no one else comes in for him.. Leeds have done well to keep it secret if they get it through.

If there was any possibility of swooping in, would love us to be in for him and I'd absolutely include Bryan as part of the deal.

Rumour is the Leeds deal is £5m, if we're rumoured to be getting £6m for Joe it could near enough be a straight swap, wonder whether we'd be too bothered about £1m if it meant having the replacement straight away. 

I feel we're due one young loan signing again this season -  hoping it will be in the attacking mid position: 

Emerson Hyndman - looked great in a few games for Fulham but completely out of favour at Bournemouth

Nikola Vlasic - Everton will surely strengthen under Silva and he could be overlooked

Jonny WIlliams - Forever showing promise but regularly injured, could be a bit of a 'wildcard' punt. The kind of player who can find a pass and make things happen

3 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

No chance, but goalkeepers Sergio Rico (Sevilla) and Kepa Arrizabalaga (Atletic Bilbao). I’d settle though for Marko Dmitrovic (Eibar). 

Haha are you mad? 2 first teamers at top 6 La Liga teams? Arrizabalaga was linked with Real in January! Keep it a touch realistic!

2 hours ago, grifty said:

Haha are you mad? 2 first teamers at top 6 La Liga teams? Arrizabalaga was linked with Real in January! Keep it a touch realistic!

Not mad but the title of the thread is ‘Your the boss who do you want to sign’ not Your the boss who could you possibly sign. Rico and Arrizabalaga are admittedly pipe dreams, as arguably the two best young keepers in Spain, but Dmitrovic (25 yr old, 6’3” and a Serbian international) would be affordable at €4-5m. 

7 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Imagine the precious Leeds fans if we stole Douglas! :clapping:

47 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Barry Douglas. Leeds are supposedly getting him for 3m with add ons to 5m. Steal of the whole window if they pull that off.

Definitely. 

Class left back. 

Sometimes you just have to push the boat out a little, even if its not for a ’glamour’ position like full back. 

Would be very happy if we tried for Douglas. Unfortunately i just dont think we will!

41 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Definitely. 

Class left back. 

Sometimes you just have to push the boat out a little, even if its not for a ’glamour’ position like full back. 

Would be very happy if we tried for Douglas. Unfortunately i just dont think we will!

Yep. Signing in his prime, and for pennies when you consider his ability.

Maybe blocks Kelly's development but it'd be such an exciting signing.

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Yep. Signing in his prime, and for pennies when you consider his ability.

Maybe blocks Kelly's development but it'd be such an exciting signing.

Douglas would be an upgrade on JB, so if this is going to happen I’d be very happy indeed

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good player but not an obvious ‘upgrade’ IMHO

Lets see where Joe ends up and see what other managers think

Barry Douglas would most definitely be an upgrade on Joe Bryan. 

5 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Not mad but the title of the thread is ‘Your the boss who do you want to sign’ not Your the boss who could you possibly sign. Rico and Arrizabalaga are admittedly pipe dreams, as arguably the two best young keepers in Spain, but Dmitrovic (25 yr old, 6’3” and a Serbian international) would be affordable at €4-5m. 

Why didn't you say Oblak or Ter Stegen?

5 hours ago, grifty said:

Why didn't you say Oblak or Ter Stegen?

I could’ve said Oblak but I would never say Ter Stegen. He is good with the ball at his feet but is awful at commanding his area, particularly under the high ball, and is nothing more than an adequate shot stopper. Overrated he is the German Joe Hart. 

On 25/07/2018 at 19:30, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Can you now see why i said Kepa was unrealistic?

44 minutes ago, Barney red said:

Assuming Bryan goes today I reckon we might go big on a signing today definitely scope for  a quality proven midfielder. Fancy Bannan from the owls.

9 minutes ago, city123456 said:

Barry Bannan would be the icing on any transfer window, then a decent Premier League Young striker on loan and the Chelsea youngster full back. What a deadline day that would be ........

Think from a PR point of view it would be good to do this. If we lose at the weekend, which could easily happen, fan morale will be very low..

22 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Think from a PR point of view it would be good to do this. If we lose at the weekend, which could easily happen, fan morale will be very low..

Agreed- felt from the sale of Flint and Reid we needed a bit of a splash for morale purposes.

My hopes at that stage- they were a little ambitious in terms of names but Bannan, Tammy on loan and a young left back...yeah imagine!:pray:

57 minutes ago, city123456 said:

Barry Bannan would be the icing on any transfer window, then a decent Premier League Young striker on loan and the Chelsea youngster full back. What a deadline day that would be ........

Would you settle for somebody’s third choice keeper instead ?

Maybe a loanee left back as well ,  if you’re good 

:whistle2:

Archived