IGNORED

Fulham season tickets

JBFC II

1 minute ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Personally, wish we still had SL at the helm, being hands on as he used to be.

JL and MA would leave the club.

I guess the first part of that is valid, it would be great to have SL still fully in charge, day to day. However, we have progressed more with things as they are now, so I don’t understand the anti MA & JL sentiment. You don’t need to “like” them, but surely we needed that more professional approach the MA brings..?

I understand it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but in the world of big, corporate business, he is exactly the kind of figure that’s needed. 

I actually think he presents non footballing aspects very well, on a level that will appeal to those that might sign big fat cheques made payable to Bristol Sport, which can only be a good thing for Bristol City. 

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I guess the first part of that is valid, it would be great to have SL still fully in charge, day to day. However, we have progressed more with things as they are now, so I don’t understand the anti MA & JL sentiment. You don’t need to “like” them, but surely we needed that more professional approach the MA brings..?

I understand it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but in the world of big, corporate business, he is exactly the kind of figure that’s needed. 

I actually think he presents non footballing aspects very well, on a level that will appeal to those that might sign big fat cheques made payable to Bristol Sport, which can only be a good thing for Bristol City. 

Valid.

I actually like City being little old Bristol City. It's my club, my team, my seat, my friends, my routine, my City.

It's starting to feel more distant, like my emotional attachment to the club is becoming lesser and lesser.

It's no longer my club, it's theirs. It's a corporation & I'm just a customer. Didn't feel that way so much before (to me at least)

I attribute that to JL/MA as I loved having Steve in charge.

Tis a bit shit, 'tis all.

22 hours ago, frenchred said:

Be under no illusions that very similar would happen here with the Muppets we have running our club. Good job we got an owner who doesn't really want it and an incompetent head coach!

Out of interest, exactly how many millions of pounds would our owner have to stump up from his own pocket, under no obligation, to prove that he actually "wants it"?

32 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

problem is people still want clubs to be like tere were in the 70's and 80's, sadly football has moved on, you have to change or be left behind, :(

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Out of interest, exactly how many millions of pounds would our owner have to stump up from his own pocket, under no obligation, to prove that he actually "wants it"?

alot more the the 100 million plus he's already spent

13 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Valid.

I actually like City being little old Bristol City. It's my club, my team, my seat, my friends, my routine, my City.

It's starting to feel more distant, like my emotional attachment to the club is becoming lesser and lesser.

It's no longer my club, it's theirs. It's a corporation & I'm just a customer. Didn't feel that way so much before (to me at least)

I attribute that to JL/MA as I loved having Steve in charge.

Tis a bit shit, 'tis all.

I know what you mean, but that is more a problem in football generally, rather than just here. 

To compete at this level and progress, it simply has to be a business and ran as such. 

The important thing is that it will always be “our team” 

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I know what you mean, but that is more a problem in football generally, rather than just here. 

To compete at this level and progress, it simply has to be a business and ran as such. 

The important thing is that it will always be “our team” 

Exactly this. Adapt or die.

Archived