IGNORED

Cureton...

2iamdavies

We've got enough strikers we should be looking at getting players in in other areas of the field.

yeah we have enough strikers but how many of a decent quality who are know for scoring goals and also a very useful addition to have in the squad like bcfclad19 said

It would depend on the cost to the club, as mentioned in the article (supposedly by SL), his financial demands seem to have been fairly high when there was contact during the summer.

I guess JC may now have to review his demands, if he wants to get back playing in England.

May be a short-term contract, say till the end of the season would be an idea.

This way, he could help us out of this hell whole of a division and we're not tied to his higher wages for the next couple of years, that would still obviously depend on both parties coming to agreement :(

It would depend on the cost to the club, as mentioned in the article (supposedly by SL), his financial demands seem to have been fairly high when there was contact during the summer.

I guess JC may now have to review his demands, if he wants to get back playing in England.

May be a short-term contract, say till the end of the season would be an idea.

This way, he could help us out of this hell whole of a division and we're tied to his higher wages for the next couple of years, that would still obviously depend on both parties coming to agreement  :(

very good idea , maybe u should suggest it to steve on the ask steve/colin s forum.

:(:):clap::o

yeah we have enough strikers but how many of a decent quality who are know  for scoring goals and also a very useful addition to have in the squad like bcfclad19 said

We have -

Roberts

Miller

Peacock

Matthews

Lita

M.Brown

Ok Cureton is better than the majority of the above but we still have 6 strikers who I believe could just about hold their own in this division.

We do not have a lot of money to be going out and splashing in the cash on signings in positions that we already have enough cover for. In a perfect world we would have Curton and maybe Robins to add to the list above but the world is far from being a perfect place.

Wilkshire is going to be missing for January and we have little cover for right midfield - only Big Kev who is playing there now so why not use any money for new signings in these two areas.

Guest profplum86

regardless of how many strikers we have, ti doesnt change the fact that we NEED someone like cureton.

ok so we have 6 strikers.......we could have 20 strikers and not be scoring goals and we would still need someone with cureton or robins ability.

craig fagan last year was a joke, signing someone who is no better than anyone we had at all, but signing someone like cureton or robins would sort us out good

when wilkshire has gone roberts is more than capable of filling the gap, its only temporary and although he may not be as good as wilkshire in that role it is fine for what we need.

when wehad thrope here......(sorry if this offends anyone) i didnt really rate him, but he scored goals and got the job done, QPR had enough strikers and they went and signed someone who gotthe job done, thats what we need to do it we are going to go anywhere anytime soon.

when wilkshire has gone roberts is more than capable of filling the gap, its only temporary and although he may not be as good as wilkshire in that role it is fine for what we need.

Don't know if you've noticed that Wilkshire has been playing centre midfield for th past few weeks - don't think Robbo would do very well there.

A couple of weeks ago I may have been more inclined to go along with a new striker but finally we have stumbled across a partnership that seems to work - Miller and Roberts.

Wilkshire is creating a lot more from centre mid for others and himself. I really think that we are going to miss him in January and cover is needed for him.

As a club we do not have the finances to have SEVEN strikers that could play first team football for the club. I think quite a few of you are missing this point.

Yes we have seven strikers playing, most of which are not impressive, and should be offloaded- and cut the wage bill too.

Cureton would definitely be worth considering, after all:

We carry Lee Matthews, sicknote himself.

Lee Peacock is regarded as our top man, Why?

Leroy is too young to make a significant impact.

Chris Roberts has not had a consistent run in the squad in one position.

Marvin- is he ever going to get a game?, and I dont think he will be good enough, Lee Miller is coming right now, after an abysmal start.

Bin Matthews, Peacock, and Marvin, and we have a more balanced group, and enough money to pay for a quality striker, and hopefully enough money saved from the discarded wages to afford said striker...

Guest Tins4Gaffer
Yes we have seven strikers playing, most of which are not impressive, and should be offloaded- and cut the wage bill too.

Cureton would definitely be worth considering, after all:

We carry Lee Matthews, sicknote himself.

Lee Peacock is regarded as our top man, Why?

Leroy is too young to make a significant impact.

Chris Roberts has not had a consistent run in the squad in one position.

Marvin- is he ever going to get a game?, and I dont think he will be good enough, Lee Miller is coming right now, after an abysmal start.

Bin Matthews, Peacock, and Marvin, and we have a more balanced group, and enough money to pay for a quality striker, and hopefully enough money saved from the discarded wages to afford said striker...

Your having a laugh?

How can any squad pocess only one target man? If Miller got injured we'd be ######.. I really don't like the look of Leroy Lita from the reserve games I've seen.. I'd much rather throw Marvin '£3mill price tag at 15 years old - yet to start a game - formerly England U-19 star player' Brown into the mix.. I'm Lee Peackock's biggest fan but I'd love to see a fully fit Lee 'former England Youth International and Premiership player' Matthews fighting to make an impression..

Depends how well we are playing to. If he had become available again a month back i think they may have considered it. Now that we are playing better and creating more chances, i dont think we will be signing another striker bar injury cover.

Your having a laugh?

How can any squad pocess only one target man? If Miller got injured we'd be ######.. I really don't like the look of Leroy Lita from the reserve games I've seen.. I'd much rather throw Marvin '£3mill price tag at 15 years old - yet to start a game - formerly England U-19 star player' Brown into the mix.. I'm Lee Peackock's biggest fan but I'd love to see a fully fit Lee 'former England Youth International and Premiership player' Matthews fighting to make an impression..

i think & hope tins got a better knowledge of football than you if he ever became manager!

your posts i've read are mostly full of complete nonsense.

Although I think we should'nt be looking for a new striker, bucksred made a very good argument and what he has said about the players were mostly ture

I am of the opinion that we need more consistent strikers.

We are creating the chances but not converting them. The strikers we have, apart from Miller, either have not had a decent run in the side or, have not impressed.

I think Cureton would be a good acquistion and a good foil for Miller's heading ability.

I think we should take a chance and offer him a deal, especially with several contracts coming up for renewal at the end of the season.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I would love to see Cureton sign for us, maybe he would have a hugh positive impact on Lita, who could learn alot from him - And maybe Brown.

Cureton is a proven goal scorer at our level and would maybe be the one to start converting chances.

We wont sign him, but it is a nice though

I'm Lee Peackock's biggest fan but I'd love to see a fully fit Lee 'former England Youth International and Premiership player' Matthews fighting to make an impression..

Your Lee Peacocks biggest fan huh? I'm sure a miss citygal9 will have to argue with you over that one!

Archived