IGNORED

Julen Lopetegui - Spain Manager Sacked (Merged)

Coppello

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Dunno, could try reading the other 2 or 3 threads posted today to find out

suppose I should have  looked before posting, oh well never mind,  luckily you ignored it like everyone else will.                  

Didn’t Bobby Robson announce just before Italia 90 that he would be joining PSV as manager after the tournament? 

As I remember it at the time, Bert Millichip announced before the tournament that Robson had to ‘win the World Cup or else’ so Robson reacted by accepting the PSV role before flying out with England....Graham Kelly said that Millichip’s ‘slip of the tongue’ robbed England of Robson and he would have remained in charge ‘for at least four years’ after Italia 90 had Millichip’s quote not occurred.....that situation could easily have escalated just before that World Cup....thank God the FA didn’t panic like the Spanish FA have....Bobby Robson gave us fantastic memories at that tournament....

5 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

To think the likes of Jay-Jay Okocha, Fernando Hierro, Mario Jardel and Ivan Campo played along side... Nicky Hunt.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Djorkaeff too

Sort of shows that Allardyce wasn’t/isn’t too shabby a manager.....he couldn’t have managed these types of player if he was the neanderthal, dinosaur character he is oft portrayed as on here....he was one of the first managers in this country to adopt advanced coaching methods and processes involving diet, data analysis etc etc.....it wasn’t just Wenger who did those things... 

27 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sort of shows that Allardyce wasn’t/isn’t too shabby a manager.....he couldn’t have managed these types of player if he was the neanderthal, dinosaur character he is oft portrayed as on here....he was one of the first managers in this country to adopt advanced coaching methods and processes involving diet, data analysis etc etc.....it wasn’t just Wenger who did those things... 

Never questioned his ability as a manager, just don’t like his persona (of course he might be totally different away from football).

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Never questioned his ability as a manager, just don’t like his persona (of course he might be totally different away from football).

I’ve never said you’ve questioned his ability.....talking of his persona away from football, I knew his nephew and had a bit of contact because of that....away from the game Sam is a top geezer....and he always said that he regarded Bristol City as a big club that hadn’t reached its potential...

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’ve never said you’ve questioned his ability.....talking of his persona away from football, I knew his nephew and had a bit of contact because of that....away from the game Sam is a top geezer....and he always said that he regarded Bristol City as a big club that hadn’t reached its potential...

I never said you did! :D

Archived