myol'man

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

This may belong in politics in the non football forum;

The most tickets sold to countries other than Russia

Brazil

Columbia

USA

What would Donald make of that?

We have a large population and the sport is fast becoming one of the more popular sports and probably ahead of hockey and baseball imo. Plus with Mexico being at the World Cup and having a large Mexican American population it means big interest. 

42 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

We have a large population and the sport is fast becoming one of the more popular sports and probably ahead of hockey and baseball imo. Plus with Mexico being at the World Cup and having a large Mexican American population it means big interest. 

Surely it's just supporters of other countries living in the USA? Very much doubt there's many USA supporters over there just for the hell of it.

45 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Surely it's just supporters of other countries living in the USA? Very much doubt there's many USA supporters over there just for the hell of it.

Possibly something to do with it but I imagine there are just quite a few football fans there too. Maybe not % wise but a large number nonetheless. My feeling anyway many american claim their roots anyway. Most support USA but growing up no one called themselves american if that makes sense. They are Italian, German, Irish etc. So even though they were born and raised in the US they may support another team too. 

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

No hint of trouble out here, no police looking to wind up the England fans to get a reaction unlike in France.

It's a shame there are so few of us here to witness what could be a fantastic journey.

Is there any scope for fans to travel once we hit the group stages or would travel and visas etc needed to be sorted out weeks ago?

Would be a shame like you say if we hit the semi's or dare I say final only for a couple of thousand to make it

34 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Is there any scope for fans to travel once we hit the group stages or would travel and visas etc needed to be sorted out weeks ago?

Would be a shame like you say if we hit the semi's or dare I say final only for a couple of thousand to make it

You would need to apply for either a fan ID but you need a match ticket or Visa. But the process is fairly lengthy either way. Not just a case of book the flights and crack on...

Archived