IGNORED

Senegal / Japan stadium voluntary clean-up

WhistleHappy

Respect to both sets of supporters for their stadium self clean up efforts after their matches... 

It's all about self respect and respect for others... Wouldn't it be great if their example becomes generally accepted as the norm?

People taking responsibility for cleaning uo their own waste and debris in all walks of life, a movement started by football supporters from separate continents with a common motivation, a desire to respect and be respected.

I'm thinking, not just football stadiums and fan villages etc, but all outdoor events (think Glastonbury as an example which takes clean up teams days to clear up at an inevitable inclusive cost to ticket prices) .. Think our town and City centres on mornings after the night before, the amount of rubbish that is cleaned by councils all over the country, again at a cost via council taxes to all of us. The debris created by fast foot/takeaways etc, feeding rats the size of cats... All down to everyday ordinary people letting themselves and society down by disrespecting the environment and disposing of small amounts of personal trash creating mountains of unsightly (sometimes hazardous) waste, small personal items that could so easily be taken home or disposed of considerately and responsibly, with minimum effort.

The key word here is simply RESPECT, for the environment, for others, and for self... Its so easy if only we all take a leaf out of the Japanese and Senegalese football supporters example.. Dispose of our own trash and don't just ignore the crap left behind  by other more disrespectful individuals.  

One can, one crisp packet at a time, and the World can be a better, less expensive, more pleasant place  to live in.

Starting with the supporters of two international sets of football fans -  Much MUTUAL RESPECT to them.. :worship2: :clapping: 

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Respect to both sets of supporters for their stadium self clean up efforts after their matches... 

It's all about self respect and respect for others... Wouldn't it be great if their example becomes generally accepted as the norm?

People taking responsibility for cleaning uo their own waste and debris in all walks of life, a movement started by football supporters from separate continents with a common motivation, a desire to respect and be respected.

I'm thinking, not just football stadiums and fan villages etc, but all outdoor events (think Glastonbury as an example which takes clean up teams days to clear up at an inevitable inclusive cost to ticket prices) .. Think our town and City centres on mornings after the night before, the amount of rubbish that is cleaned by councils all over the country, again at a cost via council taxes to all of us. The debris created by fast foot/takeaways etc, feeding rats the size of cats... All down to everyday ordinary people letting themselves and society down by disrespecting the environment and disposing of small amounts of personal trash creating mountains of unsightly (sometimes hazardous) waste, small personal items that could so easily be taken home or disposed of considerately and responsibly, with minimum effort.

The key word here is simply RESPECT, for the environment, for others, and for self... Its so easy if only we all take a leaf out of the Japanese and Senegalese football supporters example.. Dispose of our own trash and don't just ignore the crap left behind  by other more disrespectful individuals.  

One can, one crisp packet at a time, and the World can be a better, less expensive, more pleasant place  to live in.

Starting with the supporters of two international sets of football fans -  Much MUTUAL RESPECT to them.. :worship2: :clapping: 

Respect for your post which I agree with but most football stadiums the stewards want you out of the ground as soon as possible so they can go collect their money.

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

I was last off an aircraft coming back from crete, coukd not believe the amount of bottles and food wrappings  strewn over the floor and ramed in every nook and cranny. I felt ashamed on thier behalf. Easy really just bin it.

would be great, but you only have to sit in a KFC car park to watch some people wind the window down and just chuck the litter out, they then pull away and drive past a bin where you do not even need to get out the car to dispose of the rubbish. Culture seems to be someones problem, but not mine. 

20 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Never mind fans putting their rubbish in the bins, some drongos at the gate don't even pull the bloody flush after spray decorating the chodbins in the Dolman.

Trap 2 could have been mistaken for a bloody trout farm.

Reckon they are using the techniques in your avatar?

4 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Never mind fans putting their rubbish in the bins, some drongos at the gate don't even pull the bloody flush after spray decorating the chodbins in the Dolman.

Trap 2 could have been mistaken for a bloody trout farm.

Another bug bear of mine..... The amount of people who don't bother washing their hands after doing their business in public toilets is shocking... Straight out of the cubicle grab the door handles (not at the Gate) and back to the bar or table where they and their friends are eating meals... Un effing believable them muppets!

10 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Another bug bear of mine..... The amount of people who don't bother washing their hands after doing their business in public toilets is shocking... Straight out of the cubicle grab the door handles (not at the Gate) and back to the bar or table where they and their friends are eating meals... Un effing believable them muppets!

I don't where all other users of a public bathroom have been putting their grubby hands. For me it's a quick slash, touch nothing in the loo, and if necessary dry my hands in the bowls of peanuts on the bar.

Archived