IGNORED

City Squad around the mid 60s.

gavlin

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

It -IS Steve Stacey, well done! Recognised him but couldn't recall the name - been flicking through my BCFC history books trying to place that player but he's not shown in any of them.

The 2 lads either side of Gordon Low have got me stumped!

Trevor Tainton on the left of Gordon Lowe. He was a left half when I played in the same school team. Must admit the lad on the right has got me stumped.

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Steve Stacey - reserve player, can't remember seeing him in the 1st team. I started going the year after that pic was taken though.

Steve was at City for 5 years as a Centre Forward without making an appearance. Left in about 66 went to Wrexham and then Ipswich. Came back to us as a Full Back and made 9 appearances in 70/71 then went off to Exeter then Bath City.

Played against him in the Sunday League where he played, iirc for Len Bryers, in the late 70s.

2 hours ago, redysteadygo said:

Steve was at City for 5 years as a Centre Forward without making an appearance. Left in about 66 went to Wrexham and then Ipswich. Came back to us as a Full Back and made 9 appearances in 70/71 then went off to Exeter then Bath City.

Played against him in the Sunday League where he played, iirc for Len Bryers, in the late 70s.

He was very successful at Wrexham and went to Ipswich for a big fee. Unfortunately he was injured in his first game and never recovered his form. 

16 hours ago, CodeRed said:

It -IS Steve Stacey, well done! Recognised him but couldn't recall the name - been flicking through my BCFC history books trying to place that player but he's not shown in any of them.

The 2 lads either side of Gordon Low have got me stumped!

The lad on the left of Gordon Lowe has been bugging me. I recognised the face but couldn't put a name to it. Then from out of the blue, oh if only that saying could be changed, the name Steve Morris came to me. Think that is who it is. Never made the first team but went off to Exeter at the same time as Johnny Giles and scored on his debut.

Archived