IGNORED

Vyner - Breakthrough season

ollywhyte

Feel this has the potential to be a massive season for Zak. If Flint is to depart I'm not sure I would replace and instead put full faith in Zak as his replacement.

Just browsing the Argyle forum and they still rave about him after his loan spell last season. We haven't seen the side they have to him yet but we should be embracing his talent and giving him a chance imo.

Couple posts from Pasoti below make for good reading:

IMG_3738.PNG

IMG_3739.PNG

This could be a breakthrough season for a lot of our youngsters.

I believe that our ' stars ' will be sold off near the end of the window when the Prem sides have landed their priority signings.

Our lads will be thought of as ' punts ' if they have a bit of cash left over.

These deals may just come too late for us to bring our priority signings in , meaning that we are obliged to use the squad we have up until the January window . 

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

This could be a breakthrough season for a lot of our youngsters.

I believe that our ' stars ' will be sold off near the end of the window when the Prem sides have landed their priority signings.

Our lads will be thought of as ' punts ' if they have a bit of cash left over.

These deals may just come too late for us to bring our priority signings in , meaning that we are obliged to use the squad we have up until the January window . 

If you mean the likes of Bryan, Reid and Flint.. that's an expensive group of 'punts' even with all the money in football at the moment. I don't think that's particularly likely myself.

More realistic will be the bigger/richer clubs in this division and a few of the smaller clubs in the Prem being interested in them which appears to be the case already.

I'm not so sure about many of our stars heading to the Premier League. Championship players are expensive, often more so than what they can get abroad in another top-flight league, so I think the real danger is around ensuring that we don't sell to recently relegated teams, teams looking towards promotion in the January window, or strong Championship teams.

Obviously, if a Premier League teams wants to take a punt then I can't imagine anyone in the Championship would say no, but the managers that were often willing to give them a chance (Big Sam, Moyes, etc) are out of jobs, so I can't see many being plucked.

On Vyner, I'd say that at 21 he's the perfect age to get started in the Championship. If we're not willing to give him game time then I'd at least like to see him offered a chance at Wigan or Rotherham, but we should really be putting him on the pitch to show what he can do. 

1 hour ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I think we'll end up seeing a lot of him this season, but I hope that it's at centre half and not at right back.

It does not matter in which position Zak might play but to play games is more important. Many players play in other posiotions early in career. Good example is Trev Tainton who started as a winger but settled into any role in midfield after his initial couple of years learning the job.

Archived