IGNORED

PR Nightmare..?

PFree

Terrible form towards the end of last season and we sell the only players who were really popular with the fans..

I can only assume we have a signing or two lined up that will bring fans back onside, not all, but if we'll get off to a poor start once the season starts, god help,us - don't doubt some fans will remain onside but I suspect not many..!

Just hope there is good news to come although I must admit to not having confidence that there is too much strategy involved sat behind the scenes..

6 minutes ago, PFree said:

Terrible form towards the end of last season and we sell the only players who were really popular with the fans..

I can only assume we have a signing or two lined up that will bring fans back onside, not all, but if we'll get off to a poor start once the season starts, god help,us - don't doubt some fans will remain onside but I suspect not many..!

Just hope there is good news to come although I must admit to not having confidence that there is too much strategy involved sat behind the scenes..

So Smith, Pack, Bryan, Brownhill and Diedhiou have all left have they?

Blimey, I missed that happening.

26 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Watched Webster extensively I assume then ?

I have. 

He is not a direct replacement for Flint. He has been injury prone which is a concern but is good on the ball. He won’t score goals like Flint but I can see a combo of him and Baker working well

fingers crossed !

What is this crap that Pack’s best mate has gone, so he will be like a lost puppy and won’t be able to cope without him. Even if he left he’s not likely to go i the same club. FFS he’s a grown man and best mates, even brothers and twin brothers in sport are split up all the time. In these days of social media they can be speaking 12 hours or more a day. 

13 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

What is this crap that Pack’s best mate has gone, so he will be like a lost puppy and won’t be able to cope without him. 

Exactly right

I reckon Packy (as the bloke behind me shouts out to our amusement) will be a big player next year for us

18 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I have. 

He is not a direct replacement for Flint. He has been injury prone which is a concern but is good on the ball. He won’t score goals like Flint but I can see a combo of him and Baker working well

fingers crossed !

I have tbh I knew little about him but that seems to be the case

A different player for sure - will be some pros and cons 

Im just bemused how many seem to be so sure that he’s an upgrade ( Until I see more of him I certainly wouldn’t be able to form any opinion) and how often and carefully they’ve watched him

25 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I have. 

fingers crossed !

May I ask how you have watched Webster extensively? Have you watched a lot of Ipswich, Portsmouth, or Aldershot?

COYR

Reid and Flint might have been fans favourites, but they also contributed to our poor form towards the end of the season as well, they were not blameless in that run.

Players come, players go, we are not in the position to be able to turn down these sums of money we received. 

Lets not write off the new signing just yet eh, lets just remember that Flint wasn’t the player he is now when he walked through the door, so maybe just maybe the club is doing something right!!!

1 minute ago, BCFC81 said:

Reid and Flint might have been fans favourites, but they also contributed to our poor form towards the end of the season as well, they were not blameless in that run.

Players come, players go, we are not in the position to be able to turn down these sums of money we received. 

Lets not write off the new signing just yet eh, lets just remember that Flint wasn’t the player he is now when he walked through the door, so maybe just maybe the club is doing something right!!!

What - they were part of that side

Because I don’t know what games you watched because Reid and Flint were certainly consistently two of the least culpable IMHO and regularly two of our better performers

But we’ve sold them now so you won’t have to worry

:thumbsup:

25 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Exactly right. They are not a pair of benders and not joined at the hip. 

I reckon Packy (as the bloke behind me shouts out to our amusement) will be a big player next year for us

‘Benders’?  Bloody hell, you do realise which century you live in?

28 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Exactly right. They are not a pair of benders and not joined at the hip. 

What does ‘benders’ mean?

28 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I have tbh I knew little about him but that seems to be the case

A different player for sure - will be some pros and cons 

Im just bemused how many seem to be so sure that he’s an upgrade ( Until I see more of him I certainly wouldn’t be able to form any opinion) and how often and carefully they’ve watched him

I think if you think of our systems as buying players, improving them then selling at a profit - then he is definitely an improvement. He is definitely a better more established player than Flint was when we signed him. If we improve him as much as Flint improved (huge ask admittedly) then its a good move.

Archived