IGNORED

Breaking Up the Cliques?

Port Said Red

20 hours ago, Olé said:

Interesting OTIB tribes observation.

A month ago posters on here were split between those who felt on balance 10th was a really good season (glass half full) and those who felt we'd totally thrown the season away (glass half empty).

It feels to me now like if you were glass half full you'll be saying these transfers are good news as we need to change things up, and if you were glass half empty you'd be very worried about all these departures.

But then in both cases wouldn't you actually be contracting your view of the prior season? 

Is anyone here positive about last season and negative about these transfers, or vice versa? I guess that would make more sense but off the top of my head I can't think of anyone I've noticed obviously holding that view and I'd certainly exclude myself.

Personally I AM a half full type who sees the transfers as a good thing. We all know that it is the business model of the club, "buy cheap(ish), develop, move on at a profit", I am surprised that others are surprised that would almost always mean selling the good ones.

I think there is benefit to shaking up the squad, my original post was asking a question about cliques, I was only surmising, but some replies have suggested I may have hit on something. I think there is a big difference between team spirit and cliques, and the writing may have been on the wall with the sale of the 2 Luke's.

Interestingly the world was going to end for some people, when they left as well.

Archived