IGNORED

When is have the final say mean having no real say

numbeast

Lee Johnson has spoke on numerous occasions about having the final say in signing players. It struck me that having the final say isn't what it's all about. I can imagine Lee walking into MA's office with a list of names of say right backs. MA says "I'll have a look" 2 weeks later "right I've had a look and here's you options" only to find none of the names he's put forward are among the option. LJ is given the final say on 2 random RB's. Given the need to fill a position and a take it or leave it option then he's going to take one and thus has the "final say"

Now I'm not saying this happens but it may explain the signing of Engvall and Heglar. I get the feeling Mark Ashton likes to take ownership of certain decisions and excersissing of power. Iirc he'd only been in his job a few weeks when LJ was appointed, but made it sound like he was  the one who suggested had identified and appointed him. 

Unlike some on here I think Ashton does a reasonable job in many respects ( £10M for Bobby Reid ) but he needs to let the coaching and scouting staff to work together identifying the targets and he should have the final say re contract and transfer fee.

I could be wrong about all this and if so I apologise for any offence, but this final say could be a rock and hard place situation.

10 minutes ago, numbeast said:

Lee Johnson has spoke on numerous occasions about having the final say in signing players. It struck me that having the final say isn't what it's all about. I can imagine Lee walking into MA's office with a list of names of say right backs. MA says "I'll have a look" 2 weeks later "right I've had a look and here's you options" only to find none of the names he's put forward are among the option. LJ is given the final say on 2 random RB's. Given the need to fill a position and a take it or leave it option then he's going to take one and thus has the "final say"

Now I'm not saying this happens but it may explain the signing of Engvall and Heglar. I get the feeling Mark Ashton likes to take ownership of certain decisions and excersissing of power. Iirc he'd only been in his job a few weeks when LJ was appointed, but made it sound like he was  the one who suggested had identified and appointed him. 

Unlike some on here I think Ashton does a reasonable job in many respects ( £10M for Bobby Reid ) but he needs to let the coaching and scouting staff to work together identifying the targets and he should have the final say re contract and transfer fee.

I could be wrong about all this and if so I apologise for any offence, but this final say could be a rock and hard place situation.

I agree with your last sentence.

I don't think you have anything to worry about though , it's not just down to one man to decide ,

Archived