IGNORED

We are getting a brand new team next season

Squire Dastardly

With the new signings of young upwardly mobile players in this transfer window, we are replacing and reinvigorating what appeared to be a somewhat complacent and tired looking squad from last season. I believe the timing is spot on and while it would be surprising if all of the new guys just slotted in and played brilliantly right from the start, it was the right thing to cash in on the newly acquired fame of Flint and  Reid and shake everything up. 

We need a positive and enthusiastic start and then push on from a mid-table position at Christmas. Oh, and let's not worry too much about the Caraboa peanut cup this year1

8 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Maybe you should have kept that in your head instead of writing it on here mate.

I posted it because most of the posts relating to the changes which have happened have been loaded with fear and trepidation. All teams need renewal from time to time and our time had come imo.

13 minutes ago, Squire Dastardly said:

I posted it because most of the posts relating to the changes which have happened have been loaded with fear and trepidation. All teams need renewal from time to time and our time had come imo.

Spot on, however evolution or revolution?

I never thought we would win another game when Gerry Gow left.

We may not miss Flint and Reid etc as much as some people think.

Cautiously optimistic!

Great options on how we set up the midfield, hopefully with good wide players we will be able to give our forward(s) the service they lacked last season and be able to fend off the fast paced wide men that did for us in the past.

Paterson will have to play to his full potential or be on the bench every game.

Joe, if he stays, will hate it, being expected to pass the ball out from the back and not expose his fellow defenders.

Hopefully they will gel well in pre season, can’t wait for the 4th August!

Would have preferred if we kept Flint and Reid and refreshed the rest tbh. They were only two of last years team who didn’t look like they need to be refreshed during the second part of the season!

Hey, now LJ has rid of us of the Crown Jewels he inherited and has spent most of the money on fees and wages on his own players it’s truly LJ pay back time for us supporters. 

Let’s see what he and they deliver, get it right it’ll be brilliant, get it wrong he sets us back 10 years and we start again without him.

All are ‘big’ seasons, this one is MASSIVE.

Clearly, he must be confident loaning outa player to a likely relegation sides. That will be the biggest own goal in history if we end up at that end of the table.

Lets go!!!!

23 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Still haven’t signed a rb though !!! :grr:

We have one, Pisano.

We have back up as well in Wright and Taylor -Moore.

Why do we need another?

3 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

We have one, Pisano.

Why do we need another?

Because it was in the terms and conditions when Bengalclub signed up to OTIB that all his posts must contain a criticism or negativity of some kind.

1 hour ago, Squire Dastardly said:

With the new signings of young upwardly mobile players in this transfer window, we are replacing and reinvigorating what appeared to be a somewhat complacent and tired looking squad from last season. I believe the timing is spot on and while it would be surprising if all of the new guys just slotted in and played brilliantly right from the start, it was the right thing to cash in on the newly acquired fame of Flint and  Reid and shake everything up. 

We need a positive and enthusiastic start and then push on from a mid-table position at Christmas. Oh, and let's not worry too much about the Caraboa peanut cup this year1

So basically the mantra coming from LJ will be........"Work in progress":grr:

35 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

From memory we didn't win many games for a long time after Gow left :no:

Replacing Flint and Reid ( and probably Bryan) will be a tough ask, but not impossible.

Gerry Gow was irreplaceable.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Because it was in the terms and conditions when Bengalclub signed up to OTIB that all his posts must contain a criticism or negativity of some kind.

Don't think Bengalclub is the only one with those T&Cs.

14 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

We have one, Pisano.

Why do we need another?

If we can upgrade Pisano, I think we’ve got a decent looking team. 

With him, it’s like playing with 9 men, as people struggle to make up for his diabolical positioning, lack of tracking runners and general poor play - often disguised by the odd crunching challenge, which cloud people view of just how poor he is at this level. 

1 hour ago, Squire Dastardly said:

We need another 3 transfer windows....................

14 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

So basically the mantra coming from LJ will be........"Work in progress":grr:

Football is always a work in progress. If you don’t think so, then it’s you who’s wrong, not LJ..!

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

With him, it’s like playing with 9 men, as people struggle to make up for his diabolical positioning, lack of tracking runners and general poor play - often disguised by the odd crunching challenge, which cloud people view of just how poor he is at this level. 

Let's see what he's like after a full pre season.

He was rushed back last season after a very serious injury and that definitely affected his performances on his return.

Or we could just write him off.

1 minute ago, Countryfile said:

Let's see what he's like after a full pre season.

He was rushed back last season after a very serious injury and that definitely affected his performances on his return.

Or we could just write him off.

Let’s hope that makes a difference. It would be great if it was just a fitness issue, rather than being a complete liability issue :fingerscrossed:

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I have a different view, based on the player who started the season, not the one rushed back from a career threatening injury.  If he gets back to the fitness and confidence of the start of 17/18, I think we have a decent RB.  If his injury has knocked something off him, then we need to bring in a replacement.

I saw a RB who sensed danger, covered round the back of Flint, won back stick headers (a common weakness of full-backs against the cross to the far post), was brave.  On the ball I saw someone with a good first touch, able to manipulate the ball into position for the next touch.  Much as I loved Litts, his touch was heavy in comparison.

Think he’d be a danger in the opposition box too.

But all about opinions.  I sometimes look at a player and think (Had I been good enough - I wasn’t) would I have like them alongside me in a back 4.  Pisano (early 17/18) was one I put a tick against.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I have a different view, based on the player who started the season, not the one rushed back from a career threatening injury.  If he gets back to the fitness and confidence of the start of 17/18, I think we have a decent RB.  If his injury has knocked something off him, then we need to bring in a replacement.

I saw a RB who sensed danger, covered round the back of Flint, won back stick headers (a common weakness of full-backs against the cross to the far post), was brave.  On the ball I saw someone with a good first touch, able to manipulate the ball into position for the next touch.  Much as I loved Litts, his touch was heavy in comparison.

Think he’d be a danger in the opposition box too.

But all about opinions.  I sometimes look at a player and think (Had I been good enough - I wasn’t) would I have like them alongside me in a back 4.  Pisano (early 17/18) was one I put a tick against.

Pisano was and probably still is a good rb. Time will tell. Personally, I think he deserves a chance to shine and make the position his own. If he doesn't, then things will have to change in January and we will have the cash to enable it.

Archived