IGNORED

England V Croatia 4 am Thurs Melbourne - where to watch?

I'd suggest Bar De Luxe in Federation Square in the CBD

Couple of reasons - 2 huge screens, English guest beers, outside area coverings, food stalls etc

The other - large Croatian following in Melbourne, and where the Croats gather, the Serbs and Bosnians follow - usually leading to nasty confrontations. 

See the Australian Tennis Open a couple of years back for a Balkans riot.

The Bar has security, and there will be a large Police presence in Fed Sq (always is) - so at least England fans can watch the game without getting mixed up in ethnic/religious silliness that always seems to end up in full scale disorder with these nations involved.

It got so bad that the Victorian Soccer league was permanently closed due to continued ethnic violence at games, and the A-League gets a bit of it too.

Also opposite the main train station for easy way to get home - please note last train into Melbourne is about 1am, but trains out start at 5.15am.

So if you are a tourist in Melbourne, that's my suggestion.

There will be 3 City fans definately there, so PM me if you want to meet us.

Probably meet up somewhere in CBD at midnight and get to the Bar by 2.30am ish.

If anyone else has a better idea, please feel free to post!

Well, 6 hrs later and home.

Tears were shed by the gallon, beer was drunk, friends made, both English and Croatian.

We blew it.

Did we score too early?  I guess we will never know, but we stopped from the 30 minute mark to the 85th minute playing the 'no ******* fear' football that got us to the World Cup Semi-Final.

I couldn't be prouder that we made the semi's - hey, maybe even 3rd place beckons.

But.

BUT

This was our chance - days like these are all too rare - and we blew it.

Congrats to Croatia - could have been 4-1 to them without luck and Pickford. Their fans were great in Melbourne - magnanimous, kind and respectful. No trouble at all.

But we absolutely blew the best chance in the rest of my lifetime to win the World Cup. 

And by god, it really, really ******* hurts.

2 hours ago, SX227 said:

Well, 6 hrs later and home.

Tears were shed by the gallon, beer was drunk, friends made, both English and Croatian.

We blew it.

Did we score too early?  I guess we will never know, but we stopped from the 30 minute mark to the 85th minute playing the 'no ******* fear' football that got us to the World Cup Semi-Final.

I couldn't be prouder that we made the semi's - hey, maybe even 3rd place beckons.

But.

BUT

This was our chance - days like these are all too rare - and we blew it.

Congrats to Croatia - could have been 4-1 to them without luck and Pickford. Their fans were great in Melbourne - magnanimous, kind and respectful. No trouble at all.

But we absolutely blew the best chance in the rest of my lifetime to win the World Cup. 

And by god, it really, really ******* hurts.

No we didn’t.

i honestly believe this team will improve and offer more. Just need a link up player between defence and midfield.

As for this World Cup, I would have loved to have reached the final but France or Belgium would have been a buzz saw waiting for us.

Archived