IGNORED

Tour de France 2018

Just watched the highlights and what an amazing ride by G! I genuinely had goosebumps watching him accelerate up the mountain and when he took the lead, wow!

One of the best mountain wins I`ve seen for a long time.

So, is G riding for Chris or is Chris riding for G? One and two in Paris would be incredible.

Shame for Cav - half an hour outside the elimination time so out of the race I guess.

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Wonder if we’ll see Cav again in TdF - it almost looks one grand tour too many this time around. 

I`ve said that from the start - heart and head are still willing but the legs can`t do it any more.  It was so sad to see him come in an hour behind the rest today and you could see he just wanted to either scream in frustration or burst into tears.

Still, thanks for all the fabulous memories Mark, it will be a long time before we have another British sprinter who achieves half as much as you have. I`m not sure if I really wanted Eddy Merckx`s record to go really - he won every kind of stage there was.

Wow what a stage! Credit to G, rode like a beast. 

Shame to see Cav, Renshaw and Kittel be eliminated, the Champs Elysee will not be the same without them. 

G is super humble, really liked how he said he felt a bit bad for sitting on Du Moulin’s wheel. 

This years race is fantastic so far and Alp Du Huez tmrw!!!

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just watched the highlights and what an amazing ride by G! I genuinely had goosebumps watching him accelerate up the mountain and when he took the lead, wow!

One of the best mountain wins I`ve seen for a long time.

So, is G riding for Chris or is Chris riding for G? One and two in Paris would be incredible.

Shame for Cav - half an hour outside the elimination time so out of the race I guess.

I was watching it on a stream with Dutch commentary, and, when he took the lead in the last kilometre, I had to rush to the TV (Channel 4) to make sure GT was actually cycling uphill!

Wow. Just wow. I think we now know who the Team Sky leader is now. Everyone thinks he`s just going to lead Chris out but that acceleration!!!!!

Got to love his reaction

`G, how do you feel?`

`Wow. It`s Alpe D`Huez. Wow`

I think Chris realises that G is well ahead of him now and in the form of his life so they`ve agreed he can go for it. The really interesting stage (if they both get that far) will be the penultimate day mountain time trial I think. Chris is still probably the best TT rider in the race.

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Strange? or not of course that team sky seemed to get the brunt of it.

You say inadvertently I would say in a panic and certainly not adhering to the training and use of such sprays.

Have seen the footage back, I'm amazed it was the cause of this as the policeman was quite a way from the road 

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Have seen the footage back, I'm amazed it was the cause of this as the policeman was quite a way from the road 

This was CS gas and not pepper spray which is liquid.

CS gas is like nothing else, it gets trapped in hair and fibres of clothing. Dogs are immune because they have a 3rd eyelid I mention this because in a former life I was returning with a colleague from an exercise on Salisbury plain where CS gas was deployed and one of the dogs in the rear of the vehicle I was travelling in was a long haired German shepherd who stood up and decided to shake himself, we had to abandon the vehicle because the CS gas particles trapped in the dogs fur started to do it's evil work in the vehicle, we had to call the fire brigade to hose us and the dogs down.

My point being it's a gas that hangs around and would certainly become trapped within the bales of hay and things like clothing and hair.

4 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Brilliant from Quintana and unlucky Dan Martin but what a ride from Thomas. I don't think Dumoulin can take two minutes on him in the TT so he effectively has one more mountain stage to survive. On Dumoulin, he's a freak. The way he slowly reels in attacks for someone his size is unreal.

It was good to see Chris chasing down breaks to protect G today. I think they genuinely do really get on and he will be more than happy to see him win - as will most of us!

One more mountain stage so provided G doesn`t crack or have an accident it`s his to lose now - I think Chris will win the TT but not by enough to take yellow and I don`t think DuMoulin has it in him to win by as much as he`ll need.

I still want to (and really believe we will) see a G/Chris 1-2 in Paris, it would be awesome!

I guess this rozzer didn't speak English, though I'd be surprised if he didn't know that "**** you" is not a pleasantry! I don't understand why there are policemen going around knocking any lads off bikes, whether it's Froome or some random bloke.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2018/jul/26/chris-froome-furious-with-policeman-who-pulled-him-off-bike-after-tour-de-france-stage-17-video

Did anyone see the AG2R fan who tried to grab Thomas as well? Some suggestions that this was doctored but plenty claiming to have seen it on Eurosport. It wasn't shown on ITV4.

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

This the 2nd time the Gendarmes have attacked Chris Froome this week, this time one of them pulled him off FFS.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/2018/07/25/sir-dave-brailsford-can-never-write-chris-froome-geraint-thomasrode/

8 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I guess this rozzer didn't speak English, though I'd be surprised if he didn't know that "**** you" is not a pleasantry! I don't understand why there are policemen going around knocking any lads off bikes, whether it's Froome or some random bloke.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2018/jul/26/chris-froome-furious-with-policeman-who-pulled-him-off-bike-after-tour-de-france-stage-17-video

Did anyone see the AG2R fan who tried to grab Thomas as well? Some suggestions that this was doctored but plenty claiming to have seen it on Eurosport. It wasn't shown on ITV4.

Because they`re pissed off that Bardet is doing his usual flattering to deceive and is ******* useless again. It won`t be long before spectators are banned from the mountains and from being to close barriered finishes - riders are going to refuse to race if it goes on like this. The bloody bitter and underachieving French will only have themselves to blame when it happens - will it take a rider to be crippled or worse for the Tour to take action?

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

This the 2nd time the Gendarmes have attacked Chris Froome this week, this time one of them pulled him off FFS.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/2018/07/25/sir-dave-brailsford-can-never-write-chris-froome-geraint-thomasrode/

7 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

But where were the gendarmes when Froome was attacked and when he was spat at?

Where were they when Thomas was grabbed?

It shouldn't be difficult to identify the culprits.

All clearly visible on TV.

But I suppose they were too busy spraying protesting farmers!!!

1 minute ago, Redtucks said:

But where were the gendarmes when Froome was attacked and when he was spat at?

Where were they when Thomas was grabbed?

It shouldn't be difficult to identify the culprits.

All clearly visible on TV.

But I suppose they were too busy spraying protesting farmers!!!

Too busy looking the other way more like. You can bet if it had been a French rider who`d been gobbed on/grabbed by a British fan they`d throw the book at them.

Archived